First gen mods

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

FirstGenCrxer

• But officer, it only looks fast, promise!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
What kind of mods to u guys have???
" Cars dont wreck, the women driving them do."

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Lots! What things are you looking for? Some guys have highly prepared race cars, some have show cars, some are in between. I am building mine to be a race car, that will be (barely) streetable. I don't mind giving up ride quality for handling performance. Some do.

For a short list on my car, I have swapped the complete drivetrain and brakes from an 87 Integra into my 85 DX, polyurethane bushings, Eibach lowering springs in the back (which may be for sale, anyone interested?), a 91 Civic SI drivers seat, Sparco steering wheel and pedals, DC Sports short shifter and knob. I'm trying to put an Integra dash in as well, we'll see how that goes.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Masta

My car will be a Stock class Auto-X'er and built for just having a bit of fun in the turns.  The stock 87 CRX Si was a great car,  I'm just going to pretend it's 1987 all over again.  When I get some $$, then the B16 will come, probably in a year or so.

Darren
Civic Nation. Represent.

3rdgencivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
hey rpr,

as for putting in the teg dash, you may want to ask 87hybrid on the 3rd Generation Civic Club about that, he has one in his hatch.
Check Out the 3rd Generation Civic Club @

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thanks, I'll do that!

MANGLEdCRX

• CR-Tsi
  • PipPip
My car:
1987 CRX HF:
1986 CRX Si Fuel injection harness and fuel system
1987 Acura Integra engine
teg tranny
teg front steering knuckles
teg front calipers and rotors (my stockers were crap)
DC short shifter
2 1/4" custom catback exhaust
Ground Control Coilovers (they may be for sale soon too)
1985 CRX Si instrument cluster (145 speedo, yes I'm American)
1991 CRX Si 14" wheels  and tires
86 Si interior
these mods = 14.9 @ 91 in the 1/4 mile not bad for a naturally aspirated Honda that has 113 HP and still gets 30 MPG smile.gif
-'87 HF Resurected 7-00, reincarnated 6-01--86 DX Dosent run....YET--'87 Civic Si hatchbach: Brians baby R.I.P. "Bee" 5/21/82 - 9/9/01 forever in our hearts.-

Masta

Hey Mangled, you bringin' that beast to N8 this year?

D.
Civic Nation. Represent.

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
3rdgencivic, I checked out the car you were talking about, he used an 88 dash, I have an 87, and they are different. However, I imagine the problems would still be the same somewhat. I may hit him up for some advice.

Krispy

• Shiggity
  • PipPipPip
MastaDeeMon are you from theses parts?  (that being ontario)

If so, are you planing on hitting up any SOLO events this year?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Stefan was once told that he might be faster if not for his flamboyant sideways style, he replied "one is not always trying to make babies when having sex!"

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey Krispy, welcome aboard! You finally decided to join us in our little rag tag group here? You have met MastaDeeMon (AKA Darren) at Tim's on 7/Dixie once. He had the Tracer with the V6. He is going to join HADA I believe, and he definitely wants to get out to the Solo events.

I'll let him speak for himself though.

wilq

• where am I and how did I get in this handbasket?
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si b18a1 turbo(under restoration),87 crx hf dohc turbo,86 crx dx dohc,91 integra ls,76 Ford F350 4x4,04 Subaru WRX STI
    • Image Gallery
As many of you already know my rex is a turbo dohc 87 si.It was the silver one at n7.The engine is a rebuilt 87 teg 1600 dohc w/a greddy turbo kit for the 94 civic ex.It has 4 wheel disk brakes from an 89 teg.However this weekend it goes in the bodyshop for some work.I bought new honda fenders,doorskins and 1/4 panels for it.Can you say rustfree 1st gen?When it comes out of the bodyshop i`m dropping in a b16 dohc vtec and turbocharging it.N8 will be its 1st big trip of the summer.
old crxs never die they just get faster
The offical Chrisfdude ebay sniper club member &Team BUrnOUt member #2

Guest_CHRIS F_*

• Group: Guests
Hey WilQ, why waste time on a puny B16? I am getting a ZC and if you'd like to trade I suppose I'd consider it. Act now , I may change my mind soon though. I have a top dog mechanic friend who is a CRX whiz, I'll give ya his number! biggrin.gif

1stGenCRXer

• Mikuni's Druel
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 Honda CRX DX with "stuff"
My car is being finished for CSP action:

'85 DX
EW1 block [.040 overbore, balanced and blueprinted]
EW3 head
Si Oil pan
TWM intake manifold
Twin DCOE40 Weber Carbs