P29 Pistons

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

thugkitty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Is it possible to change the Pistons and rods in my civic with p29 pistons and rods?

Love and light

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango

Not exactly. You have to bore the block to fit the 1.6 pistons in the 1.5 block and have the p29's taken off the integra rods and put on the crx rods. Then yes its possible.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

thugkitty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
What's type of rods should I go with reg crx rods, I'm hoping to put a d16y8 head on it with maybe a set of crb1000 carbs

Love and light

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Depends.  You'd start with the 1.5 block rods as they match the crankshaft and stroke. But if the P29 piston has a different height from the centre of the wrist pin to the top of the piston, and so would sit at a non-standard height in the cylinder at TDC, you might have to look at other options. As honda reuses and keeps to standard measurements as they swing through models you will probably be ok. 

Should be posts here or in other forums, so go find out.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
I think I answered that. Stock crx rods or some h beam rods for a CRX if you are planning to make ridiculous power.

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

You did indeed.  I just like to get people thinking about the bigger picture and understand what they are doing a bit better.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"