Keep The Noobs In Check

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
RANT:

been reading a posts from a particular "noob"
Im not naming nor did i spend my time bashing.
I am a firm believer in the RPR FAMILY!! I read other forums and notice there are a lot of assholes that bash everyone for saying something a lil goofy or maybe just a littl otta place that it isnt even a big deal. I guess they believe it will make em cool by telling them that someone is stupid... as RPR'ers we should all do our part to keep the family moderaited and show the noobs and somewhat noobs(under 200posts i guss i could call it that?) that they cant be rude! this might be a little drastic for now but i think that it might be a good idea to keep this in mind in the future as RPR grows. I dont want RPR to end up like my local www.houston-imports.com with all the bashing towards any statement.
--zak--
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
btw i wasnt talking about that "if ur not scared easily" thread... i just read that one... chill out guys

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If you can't take the fun and games, get outta the kitchen befoer you get hit with a pie.
Or ghost tries to woo you over to the xB-side laugh.gif

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
agreed.. i am noticing the same thing.. also new threads with questions that are in the FAQ section already.. or if not, easily available with the seacrh feature
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If anyone has a particular problem with any member, they should try to deal with it through reasonable PM's, or contact one of the three moderators or Tom about the issue...

I think manners and not bashing others is common sense... remember Zakats, you were a noob once too.... but you're all grown up now! cool.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
But what if I can't find how to put 88-91 headlights on my 86 hatchback, how to make my 3G rear wheel drive using a CR-V rearend, or how to swap from a carb'd HF to a RB26DETT in the FAQ's or search section? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

We were all noobs at one time...you just gotta lighten up, I guess. biggrin.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 si hatch
QUOTE (Rampage @ Mar 15 2005, 12:05 AM)
If anyone has a particular problem with any member, they should try to deal with it through reasonable PM's, or contact one of the three moderators or Tom about the issue...

I think manners and not bashing others is common sense... remember Zakats, you were a noob once too.... but you're all grown up now! cool.gif

Cheers,
Mark

HA! i remeber when i first came here and zak flung quit a bit of shitola. hmm so if anything we've all done it or it was misbleieved to be bashin at one time. Shit i still am a NOOb compared to most , i dont care either. shit , just wanna get good info and bounce some ideas of peeps that are seasoned in these cars, im fairly new to the crx scene. but not to auto modding.

so whatever thread u are speaking of that is not 73hp's thread , i have no clue of.
And if irecall zak , u called urself stupid in the reply to me.

anyhow, lets get back to the IMPORTANT STUFF
Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
hope you guys aren't talking about me..... i feel that a lot of my posts are useless and i feel bad about that, because i would like to be someone that can share knowledge (the little i have)

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
nono they DUMB questions are alright lol I wanted my civic to be AWD with a welded center diff so it could still be fwd or switch to rwd by pulling whichever axels out hahahahahahaha(not too bad of an idea lol!)

but im going for the real kiddish stuff ...damn cant think of an example but if you are really interested in knowing what im RANTING about go to houston-imports.com and look up the sn-> AWD you should come up with some off the wall stuff of him bashing just for the hell of it...the type of stuff im starting to see just not quite as bad yet
and keep in mind that its a rant..
--zak--

nivek2002

I also suggest pm'ing a moderator if you have any concerns about a member. What is the definition of "moderator" anyways smile.gif

Kevin

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i vote we lock this thread before it becomes a big wahhhh party. better still a poll reflecting others wishes for it to be continued or deleted, due to the fact it holds extremely little relevancy.

laugh.gif blink.gif huh.gif sad.gif
Aoccdring to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtsy,it deosn't mttar in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. The olny imprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the right pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can slitl raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe

down4ce

QUOTE (tencutty @ Mar 15 2005, 01:27 AM)
i vote we lock this thread before it becomes a big wahhhh party. better still a poll reflecting others wishes for it to be continued or deleted, due to the fact it holds extremely little relevancy.

laugh.gif  blink.gif  huh.gif  sad.gif

We can't treat this subject like that though and everyone in this
thread has been replying maturely, now a perfect example of what were trying
to avoid is this dry.gif

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Mar 14 2005, 11:09 PM)
But what if I can't find how to put 88-91 headlights on my 86 hatchback,
We were all noobs at one time...you just gotta lighten up, I guess. biggrin.gif

There is someone on here that did a very clean conversion if you really search for it ... "somethingdiffernt" I think its pretty cool, not my style but pretty cool all the same.

tencutty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (down4ce @ Mar 15 2005, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE (tencutty @ Mar 15 2005, 01:27 AM)

laugh.gif  blink.gif  huh.gif  sad.gif

We can't treat this subject like that though and everyone in this
thread has been replying maturely, now a perfect example of what were trying
to avoid is this dry.gif

You know, when I bought my 1st gen two days ago, I thought I was finally away from all the ricer assholes in the 2nd gen community. I guess they're showing up all over nowadays.

Tosser.

I think that said it all . That was MichealBlanyer July 7 , 2003

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 何も Mitsu ? Honda Civ. ?
What I dont like is when someone ask about say.. vertical doors and they get flamed to hell. It ttly pisses me off and I feel have to defend them, is it so wrong to break the mold. I've also noticed some superiority complex from members because of post count or when they signed up.

Otherwise I have no prob's and I enjoy the site for the technical end and the way ppl seem to be willing to help when u need it the most.

Edited by SlaveSpawn, 15 March 2005 - 03:04 AM.