Sindrlla's Real Time Awd Wagon Journal Many Pics

• You cannot reply to this topic
244 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Congrats on finding one with the split rear seats. Do they slide forward and back? I absolutley love the Wagon (searching in secret for one as not to annoy the wifey) You truly have a diamond in the rough there. Congratulations. I am a fan of the Wagovan. I will make posts that will offend the thin skinned. Thanks for the pics.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
^^^are you trying to make the wago tank? or the wagoboat?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yes, now stop whoring up the thread. mad.gif

Back on topic, may I make a suggestion on the color (a pretty one)
Gothic White or the Steel blue it is now, with a mother of pearl clearcoat ontop.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Indeed we need a ghost story. And welcome to the site.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
heh, here you go, i even found some camping pics.....

hubby starting to unpack the car and the kewl rack we built for gear

the car was our mobile sound system.... after i ripped off the lip i made for the front..

the cargo rack we built for hauling wood/water/camping gear.

i have tons more but i dont want to flood your thread with pics... ok, maybe one more.

fully loaded with gear 3G civic on the ferry from swartz bay in BC check out how full it is, then check out how small it is by comparison to the rest of the cars parked around it.

ok.

looking forward to your wago-camping trip pics. i am totally envious of your AWD abilities. i would convert mine to AWD in a heartbeat if it wasnt going to be a total PITA to do.

Edited by JeepGirl, 30 March 2006 - 02:04 PM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda Civic AWD Wagon
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kedwards @ Mar 30 2006, 07:04 AM)
Keith, who has a D16A1 with 4WD wagon tranny in a CRX, but is not allowed to talk about it here...
wink.gif

That is so funny!!! crxls was threatening to steal my parts just this afternoon! I guess if it isn't an allowed subject though then I really don't have to worry about it. That engine you suggested is the brown or black top, right? crxls has told me about those and it depends on what year for the color. I pay attention...sometimes. Thanks for the input.

Visit: Asimo - The Coolest LowRider

FI Blacktop D16A1/ZC Hybrid

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
4wd crx are an allowed topis as long as i deem it HARDCORE

no teenage dreamers

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Mar 30 2006, 10:51 AM)
my hubby and i lived in my 3G civic for 5 weeks camping in the canadian rockies last summer, best time EVER!

now hop to it and make that car pretty!  biggrin.gif

and dont pay no mind to what all the guys say, if a girl wants to make her car look nice, its up to her. most people laff when they see my yukon denali leather seats and bright ass paint work, but whatever.

here's my beater The Honali (part honda, part denali)

I can't wait to go camping!

I am so glad to find a kindred spirit. I want a pretty car and a fast car. I am one up on the few car girls around. I have no intentions of paying someone else to make my car pretty and fast. I will be doing it myself (well, what crxls will keep his hands off of) I want to learn about my car so I can work on it and stuff...not like Hondas need worked on.

I love your car! How original! If it makes you happy than it rocks! I don't do leather...to sticky or freezing but I have matching smelly trees and matching front exposed blue speakers.

Thanks for the welcome!

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Mar 30 2006, 12:47 PM)
Gothic White or the Steel blue it is now, with a mother of pearl clearcoat ontop.

My end theme is going to be cinderella. You see, the husband wanted me to make it a girly car (pink or purple) AAAHHHHH....no thanks, I have never and probably will never be girly. But I thought it a good suggestion and Disney's Cinderella was my favorite movie when I was a kid and is still my fav Disney so I decided to go with that. Blues and whilte. Possibly main color 2000 Land Rover Sky Blue Metallic Pearl with a ribbon for a racing stripe in Championship White. I found the blue color from jjaimemark in a recent post on a Nissan.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sindrlla @ Mar 30 2006, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (badpenny @ Mar 30 2006, 12:47 PM)

My end theme is going to be cinderella. You see, the husband wanted me to make it a girly car (pink or purple) AAAHHHHH....no thanks, I have never and probably will never be girly. But I thought it a good suggestion and Disney's Cinderella was my favorite movie when I was a kid and is still my fav Disney so I decided to go with that. Blues and whilte. Possibly main color 2000 Land Rover Sky Blue Metallic Pearl with a ribbon for a racing stripe in Championship White. I found the blue color from jjaimemark in a recent post on a Nissan.

damn, can I call it or what?!

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
interesting...
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
O.K. got some catching up on progress to do.

3-28-06 I had to get pretty seat covers. They are fluffy and blue and I got a matching trash bag for the car. crxls is a little frustrated because I never treated his cars this well and he swears I love the car more than even him. The seat covers are temporary to cover up the shreaded front seats. I will eventually be making my own custom interior on all the seats but I have to get some from the junk yard to practice on.

Also on 3-28-06 I did my first oil change. This was actually fun. The husband suggested I lay on a carpet because of the accords oil spot and to help protect me from all the mess I was going to make. HAHAHA! In the picture you can see what is about a teaspoon of oil smeared on my arm and although you can't see the ground there only dropped about a tablespoon there. Leave it to a woman to not make a mess so she doesn't have one to clean up. I was inventive with a milk jug and a 1 liter soda bottle invention that he thought wouldn't work. I love working on the car without having to cuss and yell and bitch like a baby! Doing an oil change is easy...why does anyone pay someone else to do this. I mean, one bolt (well, I couldn't break it loose, but the supervisor crxls helped) I'm sure I loosened it! biggrin.gif then I changed the filter, careful not to mess up the threads. Then I put new oil in. WOOOHOOOO! I am so proud.

Oh, and I'm a real man now...that soda bottle got all dirty from my hands!!!

3-28-06 I'm not supposed to mention this but I insisted on the car sounding good too. I have to have my music and the car just came with 6 1/2 speakers in the front. They didn't sound bad, but they were all highs so crxls came through and gave me his speakers from the crx. They round out the sound some and I have them covered with a blue quilt for looks cause the speakers are red and that clashes with my color scheme. O.K. don't ban me from the site for the speakers and quilt and color scheme comments. If you don't like to hear it, don't read it!!!

Well, that is all caught up till today. I had a very busy day making my car pretty and functional too.

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
QUOTE (sindrlla @ Mar 30 2006, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (kedwards @ Mar 30 2006, 07:04 AM)

Keith, who has a D16A1 with 4WD wagon tranny in a CRX, but is not allowed to talk about it here...
wink.gif

That is so funny!!! crxls was threatening to steal my parts just this afternoon! I guess if it isn't an allowed subject though then I really don't have to worry about it. That engine you suggested is the brown or black top, right? crxls has told me about those and it depends on what year for the color. I pay attention...sometimes. Thanks for the input.

Both the brown top ('86-'87 Integra) and black top ('88-'89 Integra) are D16A1s.

Here's a couple of pictures that inclue my wife's 4WD wagon
http://webpages.char...os/CRXyard2.jpg
http://webpages.char...CRXyardnew5.jpg
http://webpages.char...CRXyardnew8.jpg

I believe the second CRX from the right in the 1st picture is the CRX I put the brown top with 4WD wagon tranny into.

I think your wagon needs a roof rack. I should have an extra one.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kedwards @ Mar 30 2006, 09:39 PM)
I think your wagon needs a roof rack.  I should have an extra one.

Keith

No thank you! It came with one but I am not interrested. I actually am looking for a clean look. I'm gonna get rid of the roof rack and side molding, I don't like them at all. I have seen those pictures before though. My husband showed them to me a long time ago because it has the wagon in it. We are building a Honda family too.

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
All caught up now, here is today.

The car had its spare on the rear driver's side because the matching wheel was loosing air. We found the leak in the bead and took it to a wheel shop to have it fixed then I showed my husband how a tire is changed. He was surprised. The only thing I didn't know was where to put the jack...after that, he didn't have to do anything but be surprised that I even knew that I had to tighten the lugs in an X instead of around in a circle. WOOOHOOO! Here's what it looks like.

So we had to put the spare back in its place under the car. This was a little bit of a challenge because the screwy thingie was all clogged up with sand and dirt and everything else that came up from the road. Some wd-40 and time and it broke loose (not without his help again...I have to go to the gym!) He says that it isn't because I am so weak but because he is so strong!!!

O.K. next was the awful rusty rear window trim. I will say though, of all the ones I've seen on the internet, this car didn't have the streaming rust all over the hatch. We removed it, sanded it and painted it....wait....not we, me! I think it looks a 1,000 times better now and I think I did a damn fine job painting it (shhhhh, flat black isn't easy to make even....well, I keep telling myself that)! I did a great job! Big Head...inflating!!! biggrin.gif

O.K. so I'm keeping myself busy next with cleaning up the car...in detail, I want a fresh start, like it came off the showroom (with a little rust). Dirt is my enemy so I have been cleaning hard core with a toothbrush and while I do this crxls finds things to do. It is so funny, he says he loves not getting his hands dirty but he does anyway. He keeps asking can I do this and that etc... I don't have pictures of his work but he has been doing lots. He installed the rear window break light, visited red pepper, reinstalled the rear hatch inside panel, removed the pinstripe (and some paint), drank a 30 pack, hung out on red pepper, smoked some V-8s, red pepper again, installed the speakers, more rpr, fiddled with the stereo and basically got in my way! O.K. here's the cleaning pics. To truly appreciate them you have to go to the top of the post and look at the original side view. I am so amazed and I think it is so cool.

I can't wait to get started on the rust. Now I need opinions. crxls suggests that we fix the rust and give the car a stripe that goes around the wheels to cover the rust repair. I say spray bomb it watever will do untill it gets a real paint job. I don't like the line thing, it reminds me of the new suvs and all the plastic all over them and I would rather the car look like a work in progress than do something I don't like. crxls says I should do something to make it look nice till I get the paint job I want. What do you all think?

Today I go to dig around in the engine!!!! I did on the first day a little to check the windshield washer fluid and oil and antifreeze but this was cooler. I got my hands all dirty and it was cool because it was something crxls couldn't have done because his hands are too big (you know what they say about big hands.......big gloves hahaha), anyway, my hands could kinda fit around all the vacuum lines to make the car stop squeeling. Technically, we had to tighten the alt belt. I know I helped...but he knew what he was doing and I was loosing and tightening a bolt but I'll have to find out exactly why cause I didn't really learn anything. Anyway, the bolt is the one by the yellow thingie (the check valve). It looks easy to get to in the picture but if you all know it, you know it isn't. Especially if you wear big gloves.

O.K. that is all for now....actually I did wash the car too, but you can't tell. There aren't any dents on the car though so that is pretty cool. smile.gif