• You cannot reply to this topic
244 replies to this topic

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Honda Civic AWD Wagon
    • Image Gallery
it has been a long time wished for dream come true thanks to crxls, BigOrange and Omega Mugen. i have my wagon! wagon power! i wanted to keep track of the transformation from start to finish and the hubby told me to use RPR. so, i am happy to let all of you in on my project. some of you...most of you will be disgusted with the fact that i want my wagon to be pretty and to you i appologize and promise that crxls will make up for it under the hood. so anyway, here goes.

picking up upon purchase in Colonial Heights Va. 3-25-06

To PostWhores: You are welcome here...to a point. Don't make me regret this. I think you guys are funny when you only get off topic with a funny punchline. I feel like I get to know you all and I can't wait to put real voices to the voices I have for each of you all in my head (Oh, No, now you know I hear voices!!!! dry.gif biggrin.gif )

Anyway, this isn't to mean that the whole thing can be one string of whoring but you can feel free to be funny here. One thing....the same picture over and over and over again sucks! mad.gif , so do too many quote boxes...try not to do this please. Have fun, I feel like when you enter my topic, you enter my home. I like having friends.....but I have no problem inserting my foot in the ass of company that brings down the house!

O.K. off my box now, thanks for being who you are.

Visit: Asimo - The Coolest LowRider

FI Blacktop D16A1/ZC Hybrid

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Congrats on getting the wagon and most importantly, have fun with it. smile.gif
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
kool wagon....wut are you planning to put under hood? huh.gif

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
ok, so the story begins a long time ago in a land far far away lived jenny. she wished for a car that had no aerodynamics, was ugly and nobody would ever steal. at first the thing was the car she adored, but vw blows ass for comfort. then in her brothers back yard did she spy a wagon with much appeal. it belonged to her brothers landlord and she could have it but upon further inspection, her prince (crxls) declared it a disaster due to extremely severe rust and engine troubles. that day he swore an oath, a vow to find another. after a few years she gave up hope and found a car shaped like a refrigerator box that she thought she was in love with but the prince said "hell no, that scion is the noisiest, scrappiest, cheesiest hunk of junk. toyota should be ashamed of themselves". so she went back to searching for the wagon. just recently she thought she would settle for volvo's V70 wagon and the prince took her out to purchase one. for some strange reason they found a few but didn't buy any due to her pickiness. immediately upon returning to the castle BigOrange rang and had some great news!

thank you to BigOrange who had a friend who goes through cars like underwear and just so happened to have a wagon he lost interest in. on saturday the 25th of march 2006 we headed down to virginia to get my wagon.

a kiss for my carriage

a brief wagon meet. 2 wheel drive vs. real time awd

seeing as how crxls is the victim of police brutality on a weekly basis we needed a second driver to get both cars home without further harassment. thanks to Omega Mugen for filling the void without a second thought. it was a 22 hour ordeal but well worth the effort because now in my driveway sits my very own 1987 real time all wheel drive honda civic wagon.

this picture was taken on monday after the wagon got her new tags and registration.
3-27-06

check out what my can do, it transforms into a bed (can your crx or hatch do that?) we're going camping!

im so excited! after 6 years of searching i got my dream car.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
so whats the plans for this vehicle?

1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
first, 1stgenRex WTF, thats my kid! how rude! but funny!

second, the plans for the car are all in my head and changing as i get used to my car but it will be pretty and as for under the hood it is to be a secret. actually crxls wont even tell me. he said a lot of things i didnt understand. like high compression.....whats that? he mentioned a D15... is that fast?

I should let you all in on something...I don't know anything about cars and this is to be a learning experience. i plan on doing everything myself with crxls as supervisor but he even had to show me how to install the wiper blades! Forgive me for my ignorance but as I learn, you will too.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
the kid looks like he is confused and doesnt know why you are kissing the car...so i decided i'd point it out

i have been accused of being rude more than once...my responce is this, every joke has to offend someone...wether its because they dont understand it or because they take it the wrong way...

i didnt mean anything rude by it...

the d15 is the engine already in the car
1GRPhotography
MySpace

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Mar 30 2006, 01:19 AM)
the kid looks like he is confused and doesnt know why you are kissing the car...so i decided i'd point it out

the d15 is the engine already in the car

the kid is just wondering why his mother is kissing an UGLY car. but thats ok because that means in 8 years he wont want to drive it.

oops, the D15 is already in the car, he does say i should pay more attention to him but i can't get all the numbers right. well, then maybe the engine going in doesnt have letters and numbers. i don't know, all the words dont make sense either. i'd ask him to clarify it but he plans on keeping it a secret so you all are going to get to find out my progress on making the car pretty before fast.

everybody is welcome to make suggestions or irritate the hell out of him untill he tells.

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
Good find. BigOrange can be most helpful, and he has great love for the Wagon, having been brought home from the hospital in his.

My wife and I bought an '85 Wagon 4WD in 1990, and still have it, though it is off the road. That was 4 years before we bought our first CRX.

She loved the car, and it took us a lot of places.

I suggest the D16A1 engine, since it bolts right up to the stock 4WD tranny (if you ignore things like wiring and fuel lines).

Keith, who has a D16A1 with 4WD wagon tranny in a CRX, but is not allowed to talk about it here...
wink.gif

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
nice find...

and yes, my hatchback can turn into a bed too. sorry for steeling your thunder..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sindrlla @ Mar 29 2006, 11:29 PM)
the kid is just wondering why his mother is kissing an UGLY car.

...perhaps watching to see if Mommy's kiss will turn the ugly toad into a charming Prince?

wink.gif

Welcome...have fun w/your new toy!

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (kedwards @ Mar 30 2006, 07:04 AM)
I suggest the D16A1 engine, since it bolts right up to the stock 4WD tranny (if you ignore things like wiring and fuel lines).

Keith, you are thinking along the same lines as me but i got a better plan than the D16A1. the car came with a complete from headlight to taillight SI harness out of a 86-87 hatch so half the wiring issue is already taken care of, just needs some modifying to run OBD1.

im not sure which one of us is more excited about this project. her because she wants to make it "pretty" or me because of the engine plans. i truly think it will be a very unique vehicle that will be be very clean looking yet modified to fit her wants and needs when it is finally finished.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
Oh to kewl!!!

another woman thats into the charms of an old honda. biggrin.gif

and yes, you should take that beast camping, its FUN!

my hubby and i lived in my 3G civic for 5 weeks camping in the canadian rockies last summer, best time EVER!

and hey, welcome to the boards, you'll like it here, lots of good info and these peoples know their stuff about old honda's.

now hop to it and make that car pretty! biggrin.gif

and dont pay no mind to what all the guys say, if a girl wants to make her car look nice, its up to her. most people laff when they see my yukon denali leather seats and bright ass paint work, but whatever.

enjoy your car and keep us posted.

again, welcome to the boards.

here's my beater The Honali (part honda, part denali)

and congrats on the killer wago find. realtime AWD with a d16 and maybe some boost MMmMMmmmMmmm

Edited by JeepGirl, 30 March 2006 - 10:57 AM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
AND TELL US A GHOST STORY!
1GRPhotography
MySpace

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip