07 Ninja 650r

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

gtigilbert

whent and checked them out today and i really want one.
does anybody have one?
i dont want something fast or anything i just like streetbikes and something better for gas.
all comments welcomed

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2006 Scion xA, 84 CRX 1500s
QUOTE (gtigilbert @ Jun 26 2007, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whent and checked them out today and i really want one.
does anybody have one?
i dont want something fast or anything i just like streetbikes and something better for gas.
all comments welcomed

Have you looked into a Yamaha R6? I dont know to much about ninjas, I have always had the impression that ninjas are like the pintos of the sport bike world. I could be wrong, but thats my .02

gtigilbert

a R6 is what i really want but im getting it in my moms credit.
im really just looking for better gas and the 07 is $6,300 , i really ddint look at the price for thr R6 but i think its a couple grand difference.

b16a87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2006 Scion xA, 84 CRX 1500s
QUOTE (gtigilbert @ Jun 26 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a R6 is what i really want but im getting it in my moms credit.
im really just looking for better gas and the 07 is $6,300 , i really ddint look at the price for thr R6 but i think its a couple grand difference.

http://www.interstat...maha-yzfr6.aspx

About 1500 according to that site, although I dont know what that is worth. Have you looked into something used? You can get a bike loan through a bank. If you are looking for something with good gas mileage....dont laugh, look at buell, slightly funny looking but they get great mileage and are fairly inexpensive. But if performance is not an issue and you want a new bike then that ninja may be the one for you.

gtigilbert

the price on the first one sounds good to me.
im still not done looking but i also dont want something used that they already beat the piss out of.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
nothing wrong with the 650r, and NO ninja's are not the "PINTO" of the streetbike world If that was the case the PINTO is the fastest production bike available the busa' killer ,= ninja zx-14, I have owned yamahas, honda's, and kawasaki's, suzuki's.

If you want expensive repairs go with the yamaha's all this r6 bandwagon stuff is ridiculous, buy a yamaha r6 and be sure to price out a second gear replacement job in the future.. I GUARANTEE IT WILL NEED IT! especially more/faster with a novice rider.and for all who think a second gear is easy... try 11-12 hours of intense labor stripping the whole bike apart practically ,yanking the engine, stripping the whole engine apart down to bare as the engine/tranny are 1 unit.. its a pain.. this is a common problem with yzf600r and r6 bikes..

or try a CBR F4I great options, comfortable ride, very balanced bike for the price..

If you want a comparable bike try the suzuki sv650 v-twin(fraternal twin to the hyosung below) with optional full fairings.

OR save LOTS OF CASH and try the entry level Hyosung gt650r v-twin, great sound, great warranty, very cheap!! a pretty solid good looking bike for 5k OTD in most places. GREAT BEGINNER BIKE

whatever you choose good luck but be careful, my friend of 14 years passed away on this may 28th from a crash on his Ducati. (why my wife made me sell my bikes..)

gtigilbert

like i said before i really dont want nothing that fast, i dont want to know i have that kind of power and not use it but i always wanted an R6.
i think im going to stick with the ninja 650R, i did also check the suzuki sv650 v-twin but my buddy just bought the onbe with the fairings so i checked out the one with out the fairings, it was ok but they only had red and i dont want almost the same bike as my freind.... i told him i was looking at the 650R and said it was f****** ugly.

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
I had a '95 Ninja 600R as my first bike, the 650R is the next generation in the line. I liked my 600R. I see that the 650R has more of a sportier look to it. My 600R had more of a Katana look to it. In any case it should make for a good bike. I currently have a CBR 600 F4 and like RARECRX said, they are a fun well balanced bike.

QUOTE (gtigilbert @ Jun 27 2007, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like i said before i really dont want nothing that fast, i dont want to know i have that kind of power and not use it but i always wanted an R6.
i think im going to stick with the ninja 650R, i did also check the suzuki sv650 v-twin but my buddy just bought the onbe with the fairings so i checked out the one with out the fairings, it was ok but they only had red and i dont want almost the same bike as my freind.... i told him i was looking at the 650R and said it was f****** ugly.

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....