Our New 2004 Honda

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

nivek2002

biggrin.gif Well this past weekend we got a new lawn mower!!!!

The Honda HRX217TDA biggrin.gif

For the past 4-5 months we have been having to borrow mowers because our wal-mart POS one died. I kept telling my dad to make an investment and get the Honda mower, always being hesitant about it, but this weekend he suprised me by going and buying one while i was out at an autoX.

Here is the press reveiw of it:

Louisville, KY 10/17/2003 -- Honda Power Equipment is introducing Honda HRX™ mowers, a completely new lawnmower line pioneering the unique Versamow™ System that, for the first time on any mower, easily enables simultaneous distribution of grass clippings to both the bag and the ground.

The two new HRX models will replace the Honda HRB Harmony Series mowers. While the HRB mowers have received continuous improvements since their introduction in 1992, the HRX Series represents the first time that Honda mowers have been redesigned from the ground up. The HRX will be available nationwide through Honda Power Equipment Dealers and The Home Depot in early 2004 without a price increase over the outgoing HRB models.

"The HRX is the culmination of years of research by Honda R&D, and nobody else in the industry is doing anything like it," said Wade Terry, Honda Power Equipment vice president. "Versamow will fundamentally change the way people mow their lawns."

The Honda Versamow System has been designed to be a complete four-in-one mowing system delivering the ultimate in flexibility. A Clip Director lever located behind the engine cowling operates a sliding door between the mower deck and the grass bag allowing the operator to easily:

Mulch 100 percent of clippings
Bag 100 percent of clippings
Rear discharge
Simultaneously mulch and bag or rear discharge in varying degrees through 10 separate settings.
The system also offers a setting for leaf shredding where leaves are recirculated until they are small enough to pass through the Versamow opening and into the bag. All this can take place without a conventional mulch plug and labor-intensive conversion associated with most mowers.

Targeting best-in-industry bagging performance, HRX is able to mow 40 percent further before the bag is full, requiring the operator to empty the bag 40 percent less often. This is accomplished through the use of a 2.5 bushel grass bag, and Honda's new Microcut™ offset twin-blade cutting system that results in finer clippings that pack the bag more efficiently.

Powering the HRX will be Honda's recently introduced GCV190 overhead cam (OHC) engine that delivers 6.5 horsepower, and putting this power to the wheels is a choice of either a three-speed transmission, or Honda's exclusive Cruise Control Hydrostatic transmission that enables the user to infinitely vary the ground speed and gradually phase in the power for smoother operation. Maximum ground speed has been increased from 3.2 to 3.5 mph for the three-speed model, and from 3.5 to 4.0 mph for the Cruise Control version.

Also available is a Roto-Stop® blade brake clutch that allows for the engagement and disengagement of the blades without stopping the motor, which is useful for safely transporting the mower using the drive wheels over driveways, beds, or rocky surfaces.

The all-new HRX deck is constructed of advanced and extremely durable Xenoy® material that does not dent, rust, or corrode over time. Developed for Honda, Xenoy now is used in everything from car bumpers to football helmets. The deck has been lengthened for better balance when the bag is full, and is 28 percent more rigid for enhanced maneuverability and tighter blade/deck tolerances for more efficient cutting.

Other HRX features include seven cutting heights up to a maximum of four inches, new nine inch wheels with deeper tread depth for increased traction and smoother ride, one inch commercial-grade handlebar tubing, and a recoil rope starter handle that has been relocated to the handle bars so the mower can be started from the operator position.

Honda is the world's preeminent engine maker, selling more than 15 million engines annually throughout the world. Honda mowers are characterized by the same clean, quiet, fuel-efficient technology that is behind its reputation for unparalleled durability, quality, and reliability. All Honda mowers meet or exceed California Air Resources Board (CARB) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) emissions standards.

nivek2002

Now for the pictures biggrin.gif

Kevin

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
VERY NICE!

Now, just get a weber, cam-regrind, and a lightwieght aluminum blade, and you will be pushing 20hp!

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
NICE! Pretty much anything that says "HONDA" on it is gonna rock.
My dad bought one of the earlier honda lawnmowers back in the mid-late 80's. Then I went off to college several years later to find out he sold it at a garage sale for $75!! What a weenie!
Sweet lawn machine, bro!
bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Honda: The power of dreams (and clean cut yards)

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Mmmm...go kart....
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

balladeSports

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Bought one last summer for the new house, Love it! I run 94 octaine in it. Even the wife loves it.

Dan-O

I've got about three months before I have to worry about cutting the grass!
The grass has peeked through in the yard after this past weekend's thaw.
I almost got my motorcycle out yesterday but the few water spots that are on the road are full of salt water and my bike is mostly polished aluminum and chrome.

Nice mower!

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
hrm, I cant remember what model my dad bought, but it was supposed to be a quiet one, well after a summer or 2 of use its as loud as a normal mower lol... it was damn quiet when we 1st got it, now its just as loud as our old one that last liked 14 years lol... it still ran, but only with alot of either hahaha.

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
lol this is halarious

my freind is into rideons, i gave him a spare turbo taht i had for it and he's putting a harley engine on it.. its quite funny.. it has dual smoke stat with cherry bombs comming out at teh front lol...
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

Tomoyo

HRX. xD Hedgekiller Renaissance Model-X.
user posted image

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (CRX8Grand @ Mar 1 2004, 10:05 PM)
hrm, I cant remember what model my dad bought, but it was supposed to be a quiet one, well after a summer or 2 of use its as loud as a normal mower lol... it was damn quiet when we 1st got it, now its just as loud as our old one that last liked 14 years lol... it still ran, but only with alot of either hahaha.

Take advantage of the situation and get a nice glasspack on there....

Why does no one else think of souping these motors up? It is a Honda, after all, there's gotta be an AEM cold air intake available! rolleyes.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Tomoyo @ Mar 2 2004, 01:36 AM)
HRX. xD Hedgekiller Renaissance Model-X.

haha nice one

DarkHand

Cool! Don't forget this!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
DarkHand

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That was a very interesting, site, Darkhand, thanks for linking me!

Problem is, our motors are much older, so this probably doesn't apply. The lawnmower on the other hand: Give 'er!

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub