1g Crx With Zc On Ebay Oz

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

lambs

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R32 GTR, 260Z, RAV4, Jazz (Wifes), 3G Civic Sedan (daughter), BMW K100
    Garage View Garage
Not mine, but this might be of interest to Australian 1G CRX collectors:

http://cgi.ebay.com....1QQcmdZViewItem

Dandenong is just up the road from me, so can I can have a look for anyone interested interstate.

JDT - need some more spares ?? smile.gif

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I live in Los Angeles, so I am not a buyer. Too bad, that looks like a good start for a project.

I was interested in the OZ VIN plate. What's the deal? Do foreign built cars have to get an OZ VIN and go through some sort of "manufacture" process to be sold/registerd in OZ?

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
blink.gif

WHYYYYYY

3way buy and part out?

I want the phonedials tongue.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

Vicious

i want the hks intake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

lambs

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: R32 GTR, 260Z, RAV4, Jazz (Wifes), 3G Civic Sedan (daughter), BMW K100
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 11 2008, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was interested in the OZ VIN plate. What's the deal? Do foreign built cars have to get an OZ VIN and go through some sort of "manufacture" process to be sold/registerd in OZ?

That CRX would have been imported under the old compliance scheme. It's a process where certain modifications are made to meet local registration requirements (eg seat belts with appropriate standards markings fitted, lights modified, intrusion bars fitted to doors.....things like that), and an authorised engineer signs off that the car 'complies'. In this case, our Federal Dept of Transport (DOTARS) would have approved the original import and issued that plate you see, so that the car is identifiable for what it is......a gray import, but it's definately a registration requirement. All that adds at least a couple of thousand dollars to the cost of getting the car here.

My R32 GTR came into Oz under the (also now defunct) 15yo import scheme (ie for cars 15+ years old), which was much cheaper and I don't have any type of ID plate fitted, apart from Nissan's original manufacture ID plate, but the car does have a new VIN supplied by DOTARS. Our fed govt realised that the scheme was allowing in some very powerful stock cars, as well as some even more powerful modified ones and decided to close the 'loophole'....it must be said that there was also pressure applied from the car manufacturers (GMH, Ford, Toyota, etc).

redrex

• de de de
  • PipPip
    • Drives: crx hf
I wonder....
Price to fly there and pick up $2200

Price to have it shipped $3000

Price to own a ZC right hand drive CRX Priceless

Wow if only the world was smaller

Prices may very, subject to Plane tickets and etc.

Edited by redrex, 11 April 2008 - 01:17 AM.

just click and your in the pics

http://www.redpepper...llery/v/redrex/

GENONE

• CRX Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1983 CRX (29th Build), 1991 CRX, 1984 CRX HKS Supercharged
    • Image Gallery
Neither of my gen1s have the DOTAR plates... interesting. Maybe again the 5000km gap between WA and NSW/VIC has something to do with that. tongue.gif
Posted Image
[GENONE] 1983 CRX Ballade Sports 1.5 SOHC Efi
[BANDIT] 1984 CRX Ballade Sports 1.6 DOHC HKS Supercharged
[SINISTR] 1991 CRX Si 1.6 DOHC Efi

lambs

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (GENONE @ Apr 15 2008, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Neither of my gen1s have the DOTAR plates... interesting. Maybe again the 5000km gap between WA and NSW/VIC has something to do with that. tongue.gif

Until a couple of years ago, WA had some unique laws with regard to older imports, which basically meant that engineering inspection wasn't required. Also your cars may have been brought in under the 15yo+ scheme, which doesn't require a DOTAR's plate to be fitted.

kristoo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 JDM CRX F-1 Special Edition, 1986 AUDM Civic GL Hatch
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I went and looked at it last Sunday smile.gif

I was hoping I might get it cheap. It's in bad shape, but that's okay as I need a parts car. I don't want the phonedials though, and if anyone seriously wants other parts let me know because I can justify bidding more.

Condition:

It's done 290,000km
There is a lot of oil coming out of the exhaust so the engine is probably in a bad way, but drives okay. Didn't get it above 4000rpm since I was just tootling around the block.
The gearbox shifts fine though (this is the main reason I want it, my gearbox is trashed).
The sunroof has rusted right through and the mechanism doens't work properly.
The carpet and rear seat aren't too bad (mine are all ripped/cracked so I want these too)
The fenders have been broken and repaired with fibreglass (badly) so they aren't worth much sad.gif
The ecu was just hanging out on the floor, as was a lot of the under dash wiring. I didn't bother testing anything like lights to see how much of it is damaged.
Most of the interior trim was okay though. Some was missing but he said he had it all.
Gen2 CRX seats are in reasonable condition, but I don't need those either.

Edited by kristoo, 15 April 2008 - 04:31 AM.

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (kristoo @ Apr 15 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I went and looked at it last Sunday smile.gif

I was hoping I might get it cheap. It's in bad shape, but that's okay as I need a parts car. I don't want the phonedials though, and if anyone seriously wants other parts let me know because I can justify bidding more.

Condition:

It's done 290,000km
There is a lot of oil coming out of the exhaust so the engine is probably in a bad way, but drives okay. Didn't get it above 4000rpm since I was just tootling around the block.
The gearbox shifts fine though (this is the main reason I want it, my gearbox is trashed).
The sunroof has rusted right through and the mechanism doens't work properly.
The carpet and rear seat aren't too bad (mine are all ripped/cracked so I want these too)
The fenders have been broken and repaired with fibreglass (badly) so they aren't worth much sad.gif
The ecu was just hanging out on the floor, as was a lot of the under dash wiring. I didn't bother testing anything like lights to see how much of it is damaged.
Most of the interior trim was okay though. Some was missing but he said he had it all.
Gen2 CRX seats are in reasonable condition, but I don't need those either.

I want the phonedials if your bidding on it smile.gif

How much would you want? Would you send to nsw smile.gif (PLEASEEE)

And i know someone who will want the headlights and corner lights if you win smile.gif

Pm me if i dont reply to you posting here smile.gif
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)

JDT

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: JDM 86 CRX si, 97 Civic GLI
I was going to go and check it out for some misc parts I need. Not sure now that you say the fenders are no good.

If you get the car I would buy the corners and headlight parts off you if you don't need them and probalby other stuff too.

kristoo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 JDM CRX F-1 Special Edition, 1986 AUDM Civic GL Hatch
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sending the wheels to NSW would be fine if you're happy to pay shipping. I don't know what they're worth but I'm sure we could work out something, I'm not really keen on them and I've got spare wheels.

Not sure about the lights - I'd want the corners if they have unbroken tabs but am happy to part it out if I get it. If it's going to be stripped I'd like to see it help get as many other 1Gs back on the road as possible smile.gif

I suspect it will go for more than I could justify paying unfortunately, it doesn't look as bad in the photos. What do you guys think it's worth?

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
haha that would be fun to import here, but good luck finding a header panel that works with those flipups.

86 crx

CarNutCertifies

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 71 chevy pu, 87 CRX DX"Pip squeek", 87 CRX DX "Pip Squeek II"
WOW it would be nice to convert to right hand drive and have a back seat but there is no way i can afford the shipping......
87 CRX DX, "Pip Squeek"
87 CRX DX "Parts Car"
86 CRX SI "Currently being built" DD
86 CRX DX "The Project" -(retired) - stripped
71 Chevy PU
81 Chevy PU
01 Dodge Ram 1500 (sold/traded)
97 Honda prelude DD
92 Jeep Cherokee "Slug" (parts)
91 Jeep Cherokee "Slug II"
92 Ford Probe GT Turbo: it blew up, got stripped, and then crushed....back to my CRX...What was I thinking...Oh yea it was free.
Ford........At least they circled the problem...
38 Desoto 2 door sedan (a project that I will someday get around to)

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (kristoo @ Apr 15 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sending the wheels to NSW would be fine if you're happy to pay shipping. I don't know what they're worth but I'm sure we could work out something, I'm not really keen on them and I've got spare wheels.

Not sure about the lights - I'd want the corners if they have unbroken tabs but am happy to part it out if I get it. If it's going to be stripped I'd like to see it help get as many other 1Gs back on the road as possible smile.gif

I suspect it will go for more than I could justify paying unfortunately, it doesn't look as bad in the photos. What do you guys think it's worth?

Id be happy to work something out with you smile.gif

Lets get your 1G working asap smile.gif

Justifying paying extra could be eased by parting out

If you part it out you could make some poor american Left Hand driver a happy little vegemite biggrin.gif

Edited by SHOGUNOVDDRK, 15 April 2008 - 09:57 PM.

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)