Cai On A Weber Carb Setup?

• You cannot reply to this topic
59 replies to this topic

84crx06

• 85crx06
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx
Can I still hook up a cold air intake system with a aftermarket carb setup. I looked at piercemanifolds.com and they have the bonnet piece that mounts on the carb and you can have a intake pipe hooked up. Am I correct? O, yeah. What can I do to get at least 100hp minimum out of my 84 crx? I heard something about an si block or something like that. Any help would be great. I just got this car for free and I want to have at least 100hp by the end of the summer, so I can beat this ohmy.gif rich kids 98 honda civic, which he thinks he can beat me. Help!!!

nivek2002

Yeah you can get one of those hats and then run a tube to the front bumper or such to get cooler air. Only thing to worry about is hood clearance.

Kevin

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Pierce has one that you can buy for the 32/36 DGV. I have a 32/34 DMTR. I made my cold air intake from the plenum from a dual point injection 88-89 Civic/CRX. I have a k&n at the end of some tubing. I will post pictures. I make good power with this set up, but I never had a 360 degree filter so I don't know whether its better or not. With the 360 degree filter you'd get better air flow dynamics but the air is not as cold.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

73hp

• i go fast...well i try to...
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 civic, 97 mpv, '91 teg, AH-64 Apache...
    • Image Gallery
can you post a link 84crx? just curious and soaking up info for reference
damn exhaust shop cracked my header... i need one badly...anyone got 1 for sale......lemme know pls.

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 何も Mitsu ? Honda Civ. ?
Ooh yeah tell me more. I have plans for a cai also w/ some mandrel bent tube and a apexi' cone.

That does seem a bit High is there a low profile one anywhere else.

Another idea was to mount a mandrel bent tube to the front then to the stock fry pan w/a higher flowing filter in the fry pan. It's not direct but it should provide plenty of cold air.

Edited by SlaveSpawn, 17 March 2005 - 05:20 PM.

73hp

• i go fast...well i try to...
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 civic, 97 mpv, '91 teg, AH-64 Apache...
    • Image Gallery
yeah...i thought about that too, i even went as far as looking into tubing the same o.d. as the carb, and fitting it over it and out to a filter..tried it with dryer duct, and it was too close...possibly with the flat duct work ?....mybe mount it to the underside of the hoodso it was not in the was with the hood raised, and when closed, it would fit overtop of the carb, creating the intke tube...just brainstorming..
damn exhaust shop cracked my header... i need one badly...anyone got 1 for sale......lemme know pls.

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
If u were real crazy u could even make a low profile box on top of the carb w/the lid being a flat airbox filter Then make a scoop in the hood. Similar to what the subaru's use . or even use the cowl to suck air over the filter etc..reverse induction.

I lost all sanity awhile back and have a addiction to rice and have no friggin idea what iam talking about. but theres some ideas.

Edited by SlaveSpawn, 17 March 2005 - 05:50 PM.

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (SlaveSpawn @ Mar 17 2005, 06:48 PM)
If u were real crazy u could even make a low profile box on top of the carb w/the lid being a flat airbox filter Then make a scoop in the hood. Similar to what the subaru's use . or even use the cowl to suck air over the filter etc..reverse induction.

I thought skoobies hood scoops were for the intercoler.....or are they?
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

SlaveSpawn

• 速いロケットはホ
  • PipPipPip
It is for the intercooler but it could be for a filter. Theres no rules be just like the Top Speed Auto front mount intercooler style cai.

Damn they dont sell it anymore.

Edited by SlaveSpawn, 17 March 2005 - 06:02 PM.

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hey, I was going to use the DPFI housing for a cold air housing, too! I never got around to it, but I'd love to see how you did it!!!!

K&N had a cold air adapter for the 32/36. I have a pic and part number in my catalog, but I doubt it's still being made... It looks similar to the one posted up there ^.

I always wanted the DCOE housing for a cold air inlet, but never felt it was worth the money. I just did the "california rise" as I've heard it called, using spacers to raise the hood by the wipers, then I added these socks...

Edited by CRXfanatic, 18 March 2005 - 08:16 AM.

"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image

rustyp

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: CRX Euro Spec ZC1 (1.6 16i)
A Renault 19 1.4 has a lower profile plastic fitment that fits over it's Weber carb smile.gif

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Photos will be up Sunday. Nice car Fanatic!

Edited by Omega Mugen, 18 March 2005 - 10:51 AM.

87crxguy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si
QUOTE (CRXfanatic @ Mar 18 2005, 08:13 AM)
Hey, I was going to use the DPFI housing for a cold air housing, too! I never got around to it, but I'd love to see how you did it!!!!

K&N had a cold air adapter for the 32/36. I have a pic and part number in my catalog, but I doubt it's still being made... It looks similar to the one posted up there ^.

I always wanted the DCOE housing for a cold air inlet, but never felt it was worth the money. I just did the "california rise" as I've heard it called, using spacers to raise the hood by the wipers, then I added these socks...

hey where did you get your weber and IM and how much did they set you back????????????

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
OK. Here some pics of mine.

Between the air plenum and the carb, I had to fabricate and adapter plate of aluminum. Here it looks like a white space in between. It is white because its covered with PC-11 (paste epoxy). It is also bolted through both the plate and the plenum with the carb studs. The epoxy really just keeps dust out.

Here is the carb inside when you take off the cover. When I removed the blocking plate, the car got slower.

Here is a pic of the throttle linkage in the center, two fender washers and a nut and bolt. It doesn't get any simler than that. Notice the polish on the cover. It took a lot of work to make it shine.

I dreamed about air horns last night. Stubby air horns will be the next project after I get rid of a lot of emissions stuff.

Edited by Omega Mugen, 20 March 2005 - 01:10 PM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
yes, for some strange reason (even on the DPFI 88-91 cars) that blocking plate makes it run better. my brothers 88 civic sedan DX we removed that blocking plate and the car barely wanted to run at all.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member