Need Some Wheels

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

antisocialspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 96civic(sold) 87crx dx(gone) 86 crx si 96sentra 86.5 Nissan truck 2001 Integra-GSR
Well my car is almost back to road worthy condition, and I finally got her running again. Just need to finish a few things with the body and some brake work. So Now I am in need of some new wheels. I have wide fenders so I am in need of some WIDE wheels. either 13" 14" or 15". What do you guys have? I need to get them out a good 2-3" from the stock width, and would prefer to not use spacers. thanks fot the help.

*also a side note...I will be looking to drop an si head on my dx soon, so if anyone has one of those as well let me know.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have a set of 13x9's for sale... smile.gif Wide enough?
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

antisocialspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 96civic(sold) 87crx dx(gone) 86 crx si 96sentra 86.5 Nissan truck 2001 Integra-GSR
QUOTE (rpr @ Apr 13 2005, 10:48 AM)
I have a set of 13x9's for sale... smile.gif Wide enough?

Price? pics? what kind are they...aluminum or steel...? Im very interested!!

....and damn that was quick!! biggrin.gif

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
They are steel, Diamond Racing wheels (they don't really recommend them for the street...) here are pics:

Those are pics from just after I got the tires mounted, and also shows how far they stick out, even with flares...no spacers on there either...here is an action shot:

The wheels I would sell alone for $300 plus shipping (likely around $60-70), with tires the shipping would be much higher....

Tom

civic87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1.87 crx si,currently awaiting a zc...2. 97 toyota previa s/c, boosted DD.
QUOTE (antisocialspeed @ Apr 13 2005, 11:42 AM)
Well my car is almost back to road worthy condition, and I finally got her running again. Just need to finish a few things with the body and some brake work. So Now I am in need of some new wheels. I have wide fenders so I am in need of some WIDE wheels. either 13" 14" or 15". What do you guys have? I need to get them out a good 2-3" from the stock width, and would prefer to not use spacers. thanks fot the help.

*also a side note...I will be looking to drop an si head on my dx soon, so if anyone has one of those as well let me know.

I have an si head, pm me with offer if your interested.
87 crx si parts car: Lots of stuff for sale, pm me if you need something....

See My Vouch Thread

autoxcrx

• <-- Never has time to work on his car anymore :(
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 84 Civic Hatch (soon to be Si)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rpr @ Apr 13 2005, 11:43 AM)
They are steel, Diamond Racing wheels (they don't really recommend them for the street...) here are pics:

Those are pics from just after I got the tires mounted, and also shows how far they stick out, even with flares...no spacers on there either...here is an action shot:

The wheels I would sell alone for $300 plus shipping (likely around $60-70), with tires the shipping would be much higher....

Tom

Is that in CAD? That seems a little high if it is in USD. I may be interested in them.

Dan

rickshank

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: [Racecar shopping] '11 BMW 335 M-Sport, 05 Chevy 2500HD diesel
QUOTE (antisocialspeed @ Apr 13 2005, 10:42 AM)

I've got a set of 3 piece aluminum Taylor Duralight 13x8 wheels. Discontinued wheels, under 9lbs/each.... Not meant for street use.

$550 + shipping.
--
Ricky

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (autoxcrx @ Apr 13 2005, 05:30 PM)
Is that in CAD?  That seems a little high if it is in USD.  I may be interested in them.

Dan

Well, it could be in CAD... smile.gif

antisocialspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanks guys, but I need these for street use. So I think I may go with a 14x8 so I am not shifting every 2 seconds. Can some one send me in the right direction though for finding some decent ones. And just wondering...but why are 13x9's not recommended for street??

antisocialspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (civic87crxsi @ Apr 13 2005, 05:03 PM)
QUOTE (antisocialspeed @ Apr 13 2005, 11:42 AM)

I have an si head, pm me with offer if your interested.

I am interested in the si head...How many miles on it, is it in need of a "refreshening"- new internals, has it been milled down yet. Just wondering before I throw out an offer. Thanks
JC

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (antisocialspeed @ Apr 14 2005, 09:03 AM)
Thanks guys, but I need these for street use. So I think I may go with a 14x8 so I am not shifting every 2 seconds. Can some one send me in the right direction though for finding some decent ones.  And just wondering...but why are 13x9's not recommended for street??

Good luck finding a street wheel over 6 inches wide. There are guys that would run over their own grandmothers for 14x8 rims...I believe the issue is that if you hit potholes and junk on the street you could damage the rim. I've also heard of the steel rims bending, but that could just be an urban myth.

lemons

• Carbs are better (lol, not really; but they sound cool)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Those are fricken WIDE.
I have nothing...

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
the ones I just picked up are 14x9's and they are street legal.
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.

antisocialspeed

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (smashfascism @ Apr 15 2005, 10:00 PM)
the ones I just picked up are 14x9's and they are street legal.

Damn!!! wanna sell em!!! just kidding, no but seriously....

Actually where did you get them from? Are these the blue ones you are referring too from the junk yard?

smashfascism

• TURBO ZC!!!
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Turbo ZC, 1997 GMC Jimmy, 1991 Chevy pickup, 1989 Prelude SI, 1991 CRX HF, 1980 Chevy Stake bed (Bogger)
yes, i got em for $10 a piece
WTB- Turbo Parts: Turbo, Wastegate, FMIC, BOV

FS- Crx and Integra parts, lots of stuff just ask.