No Start In A 86 Crx Si

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

halfwaylucky

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86' crx si
so. i have my 86 crx si in the garage and im haveing a no start condition. you can hear the car cranking over and every once in a while youll get a quick start and then shut off. i know its getting gas, its getting air, and its getting spark. the ecu is throwing a code for the o2 sensor. would this be a reason for a now start, the o2 sensor? is there anything else i should check?

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (halfwaylucky @ Aug 27 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
youll get a quick start and then shut off.

Sounds like an ignition switch (where the key turns). They wear out, easily fixed.
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

halfwaylucky

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Aug 27 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like an ignition switch (where the key turns). They wear out, easily fixed.

so, im thinking your right about that. i was just outside messing around with it and i got it to start smoking from the ignition switch. so i think its done. i went to auto zone and they quoted me 70.65+tax. a little out of my price range. does any one on here have one?

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
Bad idea using a used ignition switch. Save your money.
A new one will last you 15 - 20 years.
A used one can go in 2 weeks

halfwaylucky

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (ballade @ Aug 29 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad idea using a used ignition switch. Save your money.
A new one will last you 15 - 20 years.
A used one can go in 2 weeks

i have no money so i kind of need one soon and a new one is 80$. im in the middle of a job switch so im B R O K E broke, so i need something for the time being and then ill get a new one later on. trust me i would rather have new, i damn near have brand new everything on this car, spent over 2k building the car and replacing everything. i am also looking for a peice of plexy glass for the sunroof. right now i have duct tape haha its kind of funny. but i want plexy glass rather then the original. long story behind the reason.

also here is something some one might know... instead of a key switch in there does any one know the wire combinations to wire in a push start. i want to put a switch in where it turns the electrical on and then and push button to start the engine. im not sure of the wire combanitions to do this but if some one knows how to wire maybe they can help me out with this one. i have the wiring schematics, (fsm), so if i know what went where it would be easier for me. thank you.

Edited by halfwaylucky, 29 August 2010 - 09:17 PM.

Jimmler

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si
You only need the electrical part of the switch. It's replaceable as a separate unit and it's only $45 for the cheapest one at Rockauto.
-Jim