halfwaylucky's Content

There have been 11 items by halfwaylucky (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#500642 No Start In 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 13 September 2010 - 10:04 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Sep 12 2010, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I asked this on the original post, but where/how exactly are you taking the spark confirmation from? Same for the fuel? Where you able to try Scott's ignitor issue yet?

scotts ignitor issue???? i pull the spark plug out and set it next to the block and watch it spark and as far as fuel ive pulled the fuel rail off and had gas dump out in my hand and plus i have put the injectors in carb cleaner and let them soak for a day or two so i imagine that there clean. as far as that goes i know they work. plus i had put a new ignition switch in, and its brand new.

#500453 No Start In 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 11 September 2010 - 11:31 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (maddog @ Sep 11 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok I've gotta ask did you replace o2 sensor?

no i have not. i really didnt think that would cause the car to no start. before it was running fine with the o2 sensor code thrown... what happened was i had it running like a month ago. and it was running fine, then i turned it off and then i turned it off like normal and when i went out to turn it on the next day it started up but it sounded like it was running on two cylnders and i was like wtf. i turned it off and then tried to turn it back on and nothing, just cranking and cranking. so i did all those test and checked everything out. our main thought was the timing, because it had a bad belt on it and so i changed it and put it back into time. and still nothing so thats why im so confused on whats up. do you know of some other things like maybe a paticular vaccum line or a gasket or something that would do that????

#500451 No Start In 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 11 September 2010 - 11:17 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (maddog @ Sep 11 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok I've gotta ask did you replace o2 sensor?

no i have not. i really didnt think that would cause the car to no start. before it was running fine with the o2 sensor code thrown... what happened was i had it running like a month ago. and it was running fine, then i turned it off and then i turned it off like normal and when i went out to turn it on the next day it started up but it sounded like it was running on two cylnders and i was like wtf. i turned it off and then tried to turn it back on and nothing, just cranking and cranking. so i did all those test and checked everything out. our main thought was the timing, because it had a bad belt on it and so i changed it and put it back into time. and still nothing so thats why im so confused on whats up. do you know of some other things like maybe a paticular vaccum line or a gasket or something that would do that????

#500441 No Start In 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 11 September 2010 - 10:07 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (maddog @ Sep 11 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it throwing any codes? (little black box with led lights under passenger side seat)

it was and might still be. it was for the o2 sensor. but its not throwing it any more

#500439 No Start In 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 11 September 2010 - 09:41 AM in General Posts

so no im confused.... last time i asked about a no start in my crx and i was told it was the ignition switch. well im getting air, spark, and gas and i have a new ignition switch in there. its got new distributer and button, new spark plugs and wires, i put a new fuel pump in and i know the hoses are not clogged. i have also cleaned the fuel injectors too. i can turn the key and you can hear the motor cranking and it wont start up. i did also do the timeing and got a new timing belt and tensioner, and that is now correct. will some one please help me out. give me the best or worst feedback and see what i can do to use it. i would really love to get this car up and running but im stumped as to why it wont start and just crank.

#499305 No Start In A 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 29 August 2010 - 09:13 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (ballade @ Aug 29 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad idea using a used ignition switch. Save your money.
A new one will last you 15 - 20 years.
A used one can go in 2 weeks

i have no money so i kind of need one soon and a new one is 80$. im in the middle of a job switch so im B R O K E broke, so i need something for the time being and then ill get a new one later on. trust me i would rather have new, i damn near have brand new everything on this car, spent over 2k building the car and replacing everything. i am also looking for a peice of plexy glass for the sunroof. right now i have duct tape haha its kind of funny. but i want plexy glass rather then the original. long story behind the reason.

also here is something some one might know... instead of a key switch in there does any one know the wire combinations to wire in a push start. i want to put a switch in where it turns the electrical on and then and push button to start the engine. im not sure of the wire combanitions to do this but if some one knows how to wire maybe they can help me out with this one. i have the wiring schematics, (fsm), so if i know what went where it would be easier for me. thank you.

#499303 Needing Ignition Switch For 86 Crx Si Manual

Posted by halfwaylucky on 29 August 2010 - 09:04 PM in WTB

QUOTE (78CvccMugen @ Aug 29 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris, Lmk if these wires will work for you.

the wire colors are white, white, white/red, black/yellow, yellow, black/white. its six prongs and its 3 on top of 3
and the two whites are connected to one on the switch itself. if those colors are there then i think itll work. i didnt see the pictures but i bet you could email me the pictures and i can tell you for sure but they didnt post on here.

#499242 Needing Ignition Switch For 86 Crx Si Manual

Posted by halfwaylucky on 28 August 2010 - 09:59 PM in WTB

QUOTE (78CvccMugen @ Aug 28 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are two 87 Civic's at a local yard near where I'm at. I haven't seen the cars yet, but I will go look at them tomorrow. I'm sure I can get you the ignition switch for 7.00, but I can't be sure if the key will be there. I'll let you know something tomorrow.

hell yeah dude! that would be awesome just shoot me an email at [email protected]. ill responde quicker to that then on here, truthfully. im in the 37919 zip code and ill send you some money tomorrow if you get one of them or both or what ever. i need the wires with the switch on it and that thing that goes inside the the key switch, back mounting bracket. and i think thats it you dont have to get the key thing but the rest of it would be nice.

#499226 Needing Ignition Switch For 86 Crx Si Manual

Posted by halfwaylucky on 28 August 2010 - 06:53 PM in WTB

im looking for a 86 crx si ignition switch, the whole wire hookup and possible the key switch too. i dont have much money at the moment but im hoping one of yall can hook me up. i live in knoxville tn. please help me and thank you.

#499224 No Start In A 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 28 August 2010 - 06:47 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Aug 27 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like an ignition switch (where the key turns). They wear out, easily fixed.

so, im thinking your right about that. i was just outside messing around with it and i got it to start smoking from the ignition switch. so i think its done. i went to auto zone and they quoted me 70.65+tax. a little out of my price range. does any one on here have one?

#499135 No Start In A 86 Crx Si

Posted by halfwaylucky on 27 August 2010 - 01:35 PM in General Posts

so. i have my 86 crx si in the garage and im haveing a no start condition. you can hear the car cranking over and every once in a while youll get a quick start and then shut off. i know its getting gas, its getting air, and its getting spark. the ecu is throwing a code for the o2 sensor. would this be a reason for a now start, the o2 sensor? is there anything else i should check?