andrew.rios94's Content

There have been 29 items by andrew.rios94 (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#565801 I Just Can Not Figure This Out. (Brakes)

Posted by andrew.rios94 on 28 April 2014 - 10:51 AM in 1G CRX

Update: I noticed there was a bit of moisture in the brake cylinders so I replaced them. Didn't work. It's still leaking in air. It was probably happening before , but I would close the line before bubbles would come back.

So either I got  pair of bad cylinders or it's leaking in air from somewhere else?

#565728 I Just Can Not Figure This Out. (Brakes)

Posted by andrew.rios94 on 24 April 2014 - 09:31 PM in 1G CRX

The pedal goes to the floor with little resistance. I've bled them countless times (FL,RR,FR,RL)

Everything I've done has had little or no difference

No leaks.

Fresh pads and rotors

Adjusted the drums.

I saw that the hoses would expand a bit and they were starting to crack so I replaced them.

So from there I just assumed the master was bad so I replaced that (bled it off the car and some more on the car before I connected the lines back. Little or no change so the master was probably fine.

I am confident that there is no air in the system.

So I searched the forums and saw that it could be the booster. But I always thought a bad booster meant a hard pedal?

Is there anything I can do to confirm this? I want to be sure before I buy a new booster.

And unrelated, I need a Sanden bracket and hoses, if anyone can help out.

#565273 6Th Annual Central-So/cal Rpr Meet

Posted by andrew.rios94 on 10 April 2014 - 02:29 AM in Meets

It's about 100 miles, but I would waste the gas either way so I'll probably be there in my '85 :D

#565232 A/c Help Keihin

Posted by andrew.rios94 on 09 April 2014 - 04:14 AM in 1G CRX

It's getting that time of year again. 90 was the high today in SoCal.

So I need to get my A/C working, and on r134.

I did this with my '84 before so I pretty much know what to do. (Worked well until one day the high pressure side exploded at the viewglass)

Had the day off so I started to take apart the A/C system so it'll be ready once I get all the stuff I need.

photo_1.jpg

-Orings

-Dryer

-Expansion Valve

-Adapters

-Ester oil w/ dye

-I'll probably have the hoses rebuilt aswell.

-The belt pulley needs a new bearing

-Take to local ac shop for vaccum/fill

Okay well my problem is that I have the Keihin this time and I have not heard any good from it, especially with r134.

So is the Keihin out of the question here?

Anyone had any luck using this compressor?

I guess I'll take a trip to the junkyard and pick up a Sanden bracket and hoses. That's everything I need right?

And I've some fairly inexpensive reman Sandens on ebay...