• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

EviltwinCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX
    Garage View Garage

I'd like to introduce this "find" to the Project Forum.  It's going to be a restoration project to bring this 1986 CRX HF back to being a great classic CRX.  This is a good find and I recently purchased it from the original family owners.  These folks had the CRX since it was new and used it mainly in California and Ontario, Canada.   First impressions are great, it has all its' parts, most things are in great shape and the engine runs and the CRX is drivable. Of course there is rust on the quarter panels and maybe some other places.  Over the next few months,  I will be taking the car apart and doing the restoration. Here are the initial pics to get started.  So now I have the Silver Project 1987 CRX and the Blue HF 1986 CRX on the go.  It's always fun to find one of these cars that has been out there for 28 years and in reasonable good shape.  Right off the bat, I love the HF, magnesium original rims - made to be super light! They are keepers for sure.

The 1986 Blue CRX HF as is - pickup and towing home.

2jcis11.jpg

2ur573n.jpg

6t3ceo.jpg

2v30mz8.jpgvid3c7.jpg

2vbl7gi.jpg

f5askp.jpg

23m0mfm.jpg

More Photos and Comments soon.

Edited by EviltwinCRX, 21 October 2014 - 11:05 PM.

EviltwinCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

Hopefully will have more pics and project update soon. I've relocated to a different part of the country and just getting set-up once again to start these projects.

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
I love what you're out here to do. Subscribed to thread!
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

EviltwinCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage

Just letting people know that I'm still working on this Blue CRX and since my last post I have relocated to a new city which involved transferring my CRX to my garage. To make things more complicated, I've been out of the country since July 2016 and due back July 2017. My goal is to continue the work on both my Silver 87 CRX and my Blue 86 CRX. Both cars still working fine, but need a lot of cosmetic work to bring them back up to "Classic Car" status. Can't wait to get back and get started on these projects once again!

Sinub

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 2012 Civic Si, 1987 Crx Si
    Garage View Garage

Glad to hear that these cars weren't just abandoned after a time. Keep up the good work and patience! All good things take time.