21 replies to this topic

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Jayscrx @ May 28 2010, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a hood that has some smal dents in it that I need to take care of. I know these hoods flex alot and I don't want the filler to crack. So what kind of filler did you use? What size tip did you use to lay down the primer with and what brand of primer do you use. I will be starting the body work on my CRX within a month or so. I need all the help that I can get, lol!

Jay V.

Walmart:

http://www.harborfre...-gun-47016.html
5 Star 2K High Build Urethane:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...omotiveQ5fTools
Or better deal by the gallon:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...omotiveQ5fTools
Jeff

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
With all the rain in my area and a sinus infection I have not been able to work on my CRX.
I have had some problems with the so called water proof primer I have been using (the grey stuff). It's only job was to keep the bare metal from rusting under the high build primer (the yellow stuff) wile I worked on this project outside. This grey primer is a non sanding sealer and has to be top coated within 36 hours. I top coated this within 4 hours. Only the car body has been outside in the weather and has rusted. So I stripped the primer back off in the problem areas and treated the metal with Ospho. A phosphoric acid that is used for converting rust to iron phosphate, an inert substance according to the label. All seams to be going OK now.

On with the pics: Sorry for the crapy cell phone pics.
Front fenders hung ready for primer:

body:

Jeff

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
I love seeing all the crx's in the pix. Keep it up!
Keepin' it OEM

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

Wow time flies...7 years to the day. I will be picking up where I left off on this. Final prep for paint (after I get it running and new brakes front and rear) then find a body shop that can do the job right the first time.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

Well this week the 3 boxes arrived at my door.

Medieval-Pro Replacement Header Panel

Medieval-Pro Replacement Fenders

Medieval-Pro Replacement Door Caps

The parts all arrived undamaged thanks to great packaging by sender.

I am glad I added shipping insurance. Glad it was not needed this time (as evidence on outside of boxes). 

Thank you Marcus

20170621_191228.jpg

20170621_191208.jpg

20170621_191150.jpg

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

Not pretty at this point in time but I managed to get it running again (needed a fuel pump and injectors cleaned)

https://photos.googl...notd1VDUFR6MXNn

These doors, sun roof panel, hatch, hood and fenders are just there as place holders because all of those are already prepped for paint and waiting in the garage. I just need to get this body ready for paint and all of these (place holder) parts will come off when the body gets painted Blackburn Black Metalic.

millcreek

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 94 Samurai, 91 Samurai , 2002 Odyssey, , 2000 CRV , 97 F250, and all shop junk

bn02309a.jpg