Torsion Bar Group Buy?

• You cannot reply to this topic
57 replies to this topic

blownintegra

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 96 Civic, 08 Civic, 95 Integra, 86 CRX Si Turbo ZC, 86 CRX Si.
What would it take to get a group buy on these things? Has anyone looked into it?

I don't want to spend 300 on a pair. I've heard you need to order 10 sets. If we all group it together, we could probably make out for cheap, or less than 300 a set from OPM.

What do ya all think??

Any ideas??

Mike

blownintegra

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
One other thing, are 23 mm torsion bars real stiff for the street with an Integra motor in the nose?? It feels like it needs to be stiffer up front, but this car, I just want enhanced handling, not some SCCA champion, it's a street car, but when that one is done, the black beater will be set up for some fun!!!!

I have a lowered 3/4 inch springs in the rear, no coil overs a 3/4' sway bar, and an adj panhard rod with KYB GR-2 all away around.

How's that sound with 23 mm in front for a street car? I just want to have fun going of cloverleafs and things like that, but not be killed while driving on the highway.

Mike

PacerRacerGirl

• Racerchick
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Old car: 1986 Civic Si. Then a 94 Mazda MX6. Now a 90 Miata and a 87 Civic Si
I'd be in on a group buy, but I want SCCA killer bars! (LOL) 27.5's for me please!

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I just put bars in that are 23mm and they seem just fine on the street. I haven't fully adjusted the ride height, so if the front is too high it might get rougher as I bring it down, but so far I enjoy them pretty well. Installation is just a pain at times, what with trying to line everything up correctly (unless you want to file off the notch on the bars, but I wasn't going to try that out)

blownintegra

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well, if I can get 2 sets for 300 bucks I'd go for one 23 and one 27 mm set.

I was hoping the RPR guy might chime in on this, as he might have looked into this already.

I'm not sure if Sway-a-way will talk to you or not on a mix and match deal...I was hoping that someone might have talked with them already.

At 199, what OPM used to sell em for, I could have bought 2 sets, but I was out of work at the time, now I have a job, the price nearly doubled!!!

Day late and a dollar short. I don't want any mark up, but if someone sponsored and got 25-50 bucks or so a set, and all were sold and prepaid, it might be a good deal for all. You need a set group of 1st genners though.

I saw on e-bay a used set go for 350 for 23 mm!!!

So even if they don't sell, E-bay can make you money if you can get them for 150 or so a set..

Keep this thing running, I'd like to see how much interest there is.

Mike

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
No, I haven't looked into this as I have all the torsion bars I need at the moment. However, if the price is right I could be persuaded to upgrade. I'm on 26's right now.

If there is serious interest I would be willing to persue this some more.

Tom
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
oh, i gotta have a set too!!!

i would prob get 2 sets if the price were right!!!

stole this pic from krispy, mmmmm... bigger is better!!!

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

crx pat

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si
I'd be in for a 27+mm bar.
B16A powered 85 CRX Si - RIP
89 Civic DX Hatchback - new project

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
nothing bigger than 26 or 27. i think 26 would be great for me. rpr. i'll buy yours if you upgrade smile.gif.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
Well, with the LS motor going in my nose, I think the 27's may just be about right. If the price is good, I am down.
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
I was talking with Blake at OPM a few months ago about the price hike. He said their supplier (Sway-away) told them they would have to pre-order 20 sets at a time to keep their old price. I think he said they only sold a total of 29 sets last year.

I bought my 27mm bars from OPM about a year ago, and like them for my East Coast Honda Challenge car.

I could use at leat one more set, if not 2.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

pandaew

If the price is good, I want to join the group buy and get a pair of 27mm for my 3gen civic. Let me know if the group buy is sucess. I am located in Toronto Canada

[email protected]

blownintegra

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
This looks good.

Maybe we can keep count and get 20 sets, is there any way to keep this like a sticky??

I'd buy 2 if the price was right.

Grant Bailey

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si
I need a set, 23mm sounds good to me. PM me when you are ready to buy, I'll send money.

grant
"GReddy e-manage" is excellent in the generality and the expansion. And it is a low price further.Therefore, you can direct an engine too economy, easily. Then, you are relieved, and you can choose it. Future tuning begins first from "e".

blownintegra

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It looks like about 12 sets on a preliminary count. A few want one set, and others like myself would look at 2 sets.

12 sets, 2 days. Not bad. Let's see what else we can do. There was also someone in Australia wanting some.

I told him to post here.

That'd be 13.

Tom from RPR, can you PM me about this?

I'm a newbie here, but I'll try to post on the other sites I'm at resource.crx.org, and crxohio.com, and a 1st gen teg site called first integration too if there needs to be more people. I've been around in the Honda communities for a while first with my teg, now with the CRX's. Let's see what we can do...

Mike