Two In One

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

factz

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 crx "carbed"
i want to knw what engine i could put in my 86 with out havin to change my axles and all that...

oh and if im makin my 86carb to an 86 si what all do i need and if there is a write up on this please point me to the right direction...

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
kakabox build in the projects section is a good reference that i think everyone goes to... you may also want to check out the wiki... as for a direct swap with no axle switch, there's no such thing, unless you're just swapping the same engine, the only swap that you actually make a gain from would be the 1st gen integra swap which requires new axles anyway, but it's pretty much a drop in with little modification
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

factz

• Granny
  • Pip
ok cool... so would it really be a difference if i make it a si??? and whats considerd a first gen teg??? (like what years)

Vicious

86-89 is the first gen teg.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

factz

• Granny
  • Pip
man thats a lotta work and im still new at all this... i think i just want to make a si for now till i get more experience i dont want to eff anything up

is it even worth it to make a si?? seems like people are havin trouble with swaps i dont think mine will be hard but is this a good start???

Edited by factz, 22 December 2007 - 02:36 AM.

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
^^^^ yes it is........
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
just do a performance rebuild of your engine with a bigger cam and tune, getting into the 14's isn't hard. I think thats the answer you're looking for. otherwise you can do a lot of other things and spend more money but there is no perfect bolt on 98134567 hp vt3ch y0! see the FAQ and do some research, I get the impression you have done neither- not to be a jerk but these are super simple things that have been covered quite extensively.
-zak <- working on carb'd b swap writeup
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
what distributor are you going to use for that zak?

86 crx

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
modified b20a5...or was it a b21? I can't remember really. The issue with it is that the angle that the distributor mounts at is ~15 degrees. I could use the prelude intake cam but its smaller and I don't want to bother unless someone offers me one for cheap.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.