• You cannot reply to this topic
112 replies to this topic

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1goldteg @ May 7 2008, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what was the problem? was it the price? were any made? I'll try and make another post and see if anyone is interested...

Mike

The problem seems to be that integra folks are a bunch of 1) Broke kids or 2) Cheap adults.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
So are the readily available now? What I mean is are the in stock ready to ship, or is there a wait period for each hood?

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Infinityzero @ May 7 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious, How long do you think you will be producing and selling this batch of hoods? My header panel is starting to crack and I'd like to get a fiberglass hood yet I wont have any free money for the next month or so

It is not a batch we are making. They are being made to order. We should be offering them over the long term.

Haha, technically no money is free...yes?

JMSBND

• HONDA MANIAC
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1972 Honda N360, Honda Coupe 9s, Honda 1977 Civic, Honda 1986 JDM CRX ZC, 2003 Honda S2000
QUOTE (JDT @ May 7 2008, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ I'm interested and also in Melbourne. What are you going to do about your lights?

Oh the lights, yeah well I decided to get lucky and find another complete, registered ZC powered rust free 1987 CRX 1st GEN for $1000.00 with the correct headlights, so I also have the original car for spares now too! Oh and the new one has NO SUNROOOF thank god!!!

While I was at it, I decided to get some license plates too, just to finish it off.

Now about that hood...............I think we need to place an order!
My private collection:1972 Honda N360 Scamp; 1972 Honda Coupe 9s; 1973 Honda EB Civic Hatch; 1987 JDM ZC CRX; 2003 Honda S2000

shahriar35

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 95 accord lx wagon, CRX 87 DX w/ a D16a1
    Garage View Garage
Marcus, since these hoods are being made by a new maker, can you post pictures.

1995 Accord LX Wagon
1987 CRX DX with a d16a1 Blacktop

Phantom_Allstar

• hey... guys, can I cut this off?
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 si rex
QUOTE (Phantom_Allstar @ May 6 2008, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mmmm....very interested, I`d like to know the weights of each hood if you have them?

thanks,
Christopher

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
Eh, maybe a stupid question, but is a short OR long (FG) ZC style hood the same price?? If not, what are the differences in pricing?

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
Question about heat and carbon fiber hoods; The CF hood would be used on a turbo CRX. It is a bottom-mounted turbo, but the waste gate and waste gate plumbing stick up higher than the standard exhaust manifold. So, there would be higher temperatures near the hood. I would be using some sort of heat deflector on the underside of whatever hood was used (metal of CF). How does carbon fiber stand up to heat compared to a metal hood? (I'm thinking of using the CF short ZC hood with the turbo.)

Anyone currently using a CF hood on a turbo CRX???

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Questions questions:

RARECRX: Yes they are. We need a couple weeks per hood for manufacturing.

shahriar: We don't have any pics of these, but they are going to be the same as the others we had made.

weights: we don't have that either, but I'd figure about 10-13 lbs since thats what the other ones were (for CF, add a few pounds for FG)

flashmatrix: in the first post there is a link to our site with the pricing on all the hoods

myheadhertz: if you paint is not bubbling off your metal hood then the cf or fg are just fine. A turbo does not add all that much heat over a conventional setup. I had one on my turbo crx with no issues.

Marcus

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
how many layers? wet/dry layup?

very pretty....i smacked my old one into an altima. it got folded up a bit, but actually popped back into place. i got some new hood pins and it was fine....ish. Either I'll repair it or upgrade to the ZC.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

1goldteg

• Habanero Pepper
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ May 7 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem seems to be that integra folks are a bunch of 1) Broke kids or 2) Cheap adults.

LOL, the serious guys are few and between, unfortunatly our community is smaller (and getting smaller as cars get parted out) sad.gif

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ May 8 2008, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Questions questions:

myheadhertz: if you paint is not bubbling off your metal hood then the cf or fg are just fine. A turbo does not add all that much heat over a conventional setup. I had one on my turbo crx with no issues.

Marcus

I've run into this at work - quantifying heat damage to the epoxy that binds cf (or fg) parts is a real pain. The fibers themselves can take a bunch of heat, but epoxy is trickier than metals to evaluate. Aircraft designers love to use the stuff, but when your jet has an engine bay fire - "D'oh!"

Anyway, for a CRX with one of Marcus's nice hoods, an easy go/no-go is looking at the paint as he mentions. If your current metal hood doesn't have seriously browned or discolored paint underneath near the turbo, you're fine. A high enough temperature to char the epoxy would affect the paint on a metal hood as well.

This is something to watch out for if you ever have a "minor" underhood fire. A steel hood could possibly be cleaned and repainted, but a cf or fg hood may well be toast - fibers held together with charcoal.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RexKrazy @ May 8 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how many layers? wet/dry layup?

very pretty....i smacked my old one into an altima. it got folded up a bit, but actually popped back into place. i got some new hood pins and it was fine....ish. Either I'll repair it or upgrade to the ZC.

1 layer top I think. CF hoods have a FG frame.

Wet dry....is this even a question on a $375 hood? Wet.

Marcus

AllGo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: EDM '86 AS CRX, B16A2, P30
I will have one..
Trying to get someone to share the shipping costs smile.gif.

Let me know if you know of someone in the Netherlands, Germany or Belgium..
EDM AS CRX - B16A2 engine - Y2 gearbox - P30 ecu - more coming

JMSBND

• HONDA MANIAC
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1972 Honda N360, Honda Coupe 9s, Honda 1977 Civic, Honda 1986 JDM CRX ZC, 2003 Honda S2000
I will take one, anybody in Melbourne Australia want to jump on and help pay for shipping?

James
My private collection:1972 Honda N360 Scamp; 1972 Honda Coupe 9s; 1973 Honda EB Civic Hatch; 1987 JDM ZC CRX; 2003 Honda S2000