D16 Cranks? Swapable

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

darkcivic86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic DX
lookin to see if d16 cranks are interchangeable because i am building a turbo ZC motor, just ordered the motor through arp for about 1,100 with shipping, i found the rods and pistons i am going to use, they are from eagle they want about 700 for the set depending on were you go, and the turbo kit is 1300 from arp, but i want a forged crank and cannot find one for the ZC motor, i even found some wicked cams through web for 311 dollars, needed to know if the d16 cranks all fit, cause one place i found sells one for the SOHC motor, but do not know if it will fit in the D16ZC block any info would be great thankz.
blink.gif ph34r.gif unsure.gif
Sometimes when you look up.... a bird poops in your eye

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
i thought all D motor were interchangable so i wud say yes the crank will fit

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
$1100 bucks for a ZC?! blink.gif Shouldnt you be paying like HALF that? That seems like a ton of money for an engine that, no offense, is somewhat mediocre. Does that price include engine harness and ECU?

darkcivic86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic DX
it comes with the harness,ecu,engine,trans,axle shafts, plus they test the engines before selling them, they also have the turbo kit, my friend here at the dealer put a SR20DET Red Top into his 91 240sx and it was great, ran like new, so i would rather pay for the quality, and know that its a good motor because i have been burned in the past. plus it will be awhile before the money is saved for the big build up, so i want something fast and reliable. unsure.gif blink.gif dry.gif
Sometimes when you look up.... a bird poops in your eye

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
wow, sounds like thats going to be sweet. well as far as i know yea there interchangeable, because the rods are and the pistons are. but i might be wrong so you never know. id find out for sure before spending any money.

sean