Optimum D16a1 Exhaust Size?

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

signman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Sounds cool Tony. I for one am interested in your findings. How long before you get a date with the dyno do you think? We talkin a few days, couple weeks, a month, or more? Any idea about how much these mufflers will cost if they produce good numbers?

Paul K

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If you are looking in the 10-12lb range, just get a stock one lightened and balanced. I had a stock 10 pounder in my car last year and it held up to lots of abuse, I have a 12lb stock one in my Integra with no problems. Cheaper too.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
On my civic I have a pacesetter header, 2.25" piping, 2.25" glasspack with an exit near the rear tire. It flows VERY nicely. Though, I can't tell if the car is faster now because I gutted it or because the new exhaust system is better. hehe. Exhaust costed me a total of 200 bucks including header. Heres a picture

http://img76.photobu...ar/f88a8978.jpg

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You should open up the collector on the header where it meets the rear section, you can make some good gains there.

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
The flange on the pacesetter collector is just about 2.25" so when I cut off the flange on the old piping to weld to the new piping, I opened it up to almost 2.25" before welding onto the straight section.

rpr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ah, cool. From the pic it looked a fair bit smaller.