S & S Headers

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
ummm i was also wondering if they do rust wudn't the company know by now and fix the problem or wud they just keep selling it as it so i dunno but all i know is i like it i got a 2 1/2 in pipe all the to a glasspack out 2 tail pipes it's loud and pops when i let off but i like the sound gives me a nice rump in the pulse

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88 Wagon "Fiona", 85 1500DX "The Tick", 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
Hey Erik:

What engine do you have and is it US spec? I am thinking I may get a Pacesetter head but I need to get around that darn pre-cat on my DX.
- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
i have a 1500 non si it is carbd and it is a california car so it is a 50 state car also the header does have a e.o number so it is smog legel but the only problem is the it don't have a place for the egr valve so u got me on that one

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
there was a pacesetter header on my CRX when i got it, and even though it had been painted with many coats of high temp engine paint before install, it still all burned off and already after like a month looks kinda rusty.
I got a stainless DC for my Civic off eBay, after much frustration trying to locate one from a distributor/performance shop. Even Nopi couldnt get one, or have one in stock any more.

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
did the header make a difference over the pacesetter one? mypainted burnt off also but it don't look rusty at all and i was thinking of going to a high gloss enamel to it so it will look better but i heard the DC and the pacesetter the same in power level is this true?

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i dunno how they compare power wise, because as the CRX is on the road driving, the Civic is in the garage being restored. I don't think the paceshitter hurt anything... it seemed about the same low end, and just a tad of noticable high-end power on a completely stock '85 Si

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
well thats good so the 135 i spent on my header which i knowat least 2 tenths shaved off my track time was worth it i know my car wasn't the fastest but 2 tenths is alot for a 239,000 1500 carb....all i wanna do now is maybe rebuild another 1500 put on a si head with a carb set up instead of FI to make it faster