S & S Headers

• You cannot reply to this topic
21 replies to this topic

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
Has anyone purchased the header from S & S Headers? They offer a ceramic coated header for the 84-87 civic/crx for only $105 and I'm hoping it will fit the D15a2 without the need of the Si oil pan.

Also, will an 88 integra oil pan work instead of an Si pan in the event that I need to swap pans?

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88 Wagon "Fiona", 85 1500DX "The Tick", 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
Double check with them that the header will fit. If you have not already. Give them all the spec you have that pertain to the header. It would be pain if the header showed up and did not fit. smile.gif
- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
hey i got a pacesetter header for $135 that fit my 1500 and i don't have a si it bolted right up....but the only problem is that the EGR isn't hooked up i need to find a way to hook it up but it has a carb number to it

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I tried to look into S&S, but they never replied to my email. I stoped considering them as an option after that.

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
ok here it is 70-1139 it says for si but it is alright it will bolt right up it is a 4 into 1 header also headman hedders makes a header for the car but u need the si oil pan but i found this pacesetter at a race shop called r&e racing also the website for the header is www.pacesetterexhaust.com they show a different price then what i got it for also goto [email protected] u might be able to order it from there

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Is the DC header really worth it or should I just save some$$$ and get like pacesetter or something??
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

DarkHand

QUOTE (BigOrange @ Apr 27 2004, 09:04 AM)
Is the DC header really worth it or should I just save some$$$ and get like pacesetter or something??

hehe. laugh.gif

The DC header is considered the best header you can get for our cars.
The pacesetter is the very worst.
DarkHand

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
tongue.gif nicceee i pick the worst over the best. So i guess the dc is worthb it then.

BigOrange
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
I'm getting rid of the civic this summer(i.e. it will be up for sale for super cheap if anyone in the so cal area wants it) so I want the most inexpensive one out there that won't require any oil pan changes. The S&S looks to be the most inexpensive so maybe ill give them a call.

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
well the pacesetter header i have is really nice. it has a nice sound to it and bolted right up so i really think it was worth it

DarkHand

QUOTE (Erik @ Apr 27 2004, 11:20 AM)
well the pacesetter header i have is really nice. it has a nice sound to it and bolted right up so i really think it was worth it

How long have you had it? The problem with them is that they basically fall apart/rust to pieces after a while.
DarkHand

buymysoul

• Still for sale
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 93 Integra LSS, 87 CRX Si
QUOTE (DarkHand @ Apr 27 2004, 01:51 PM)
QUOTE (Erik @ Apr 27 2004, 11:20 AM)

How long have you had it? The problem with them is that they basically fall apart/rust to pieces after a while.

I've seen a dyno (can't remember the exact car, but it was a honda) of a pacesetter header where there was a loss of about 2hp over the entire powerband. Many factors that could contribute to this, but that still kinda turned me off...
-Robin

xThexHeadx

• rpr member
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: ------->
modacar.com still had the DC Sports 4-2-1 header listed for the 84-87 Si's. So I went ahead and ordered one. Just got an email back from them stating that product had been discontinued mad.gif

doctorimport.com also has it listed, but I think they are out of business or something. I emailed them for info and it got bounced right back to me.
1990 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
2004 Honda Interceptor VFR800

1992 Dodge Power Ram 250, Cummins Turbo Diesel (350/800) Tow/Haul

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
had my pace header for 2 months now and no loss in power actually gained sum in the low end and mid no gain in the top i actually got better ties in the 1/4 mile with it

Rollin

• Desert.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88 Wagon &quot;Fiona&quot;, 85 1500DX &quot;The Tick&quot;, 90 HB (Rip), 86 Wagon 4x4 (Rip)
If they are supposed to rust and fall out way not spray them with rustolium???
- Just Rollin, bruised and rebuilt but Rollin.
- "Insanity is defined as doing the same old thing the same old way and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
- --> Under Construction <-- [Always]