$150 Race Car

• You cannot reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic

60hp

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: no civic anymore....:((
Hey LuisDx, when i was down in the dominican i saw several nice hatches, must be nice to have no rust. I even saw a jdm civic, hood bulge, and everything, well keep up the good work 150, and i will stick to my bottle of 151 rum....... tongue.gif

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
Mark, any places to get cheap OEM clutches? Even a used one would work. hehe.

DarkHand, most excellent! I'm not worried about the resale value of the car so extra crap removal is perfect for a track car. biggrin.gif

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Hey all. I ripped out the smog and EGR junk yesterday. While yanking and snipping vac lines I accidently snipped a couple wires on the back of the carb which I assume have to do with the automatic choke.

I am going to try to go to OSH this week for material to make some block off plates. The engine bay looks much MUCH better already. Hopefully the engine runs better without all that smog crap. As it is, it lopes at idle. Im not sure if its down on power since ive never driven a car with so little to begin with.

Also, does this car have a mechanical or electrical fuel pump?

Whats the deal with the O2 sensor also? How does the O2 sensor help in a carbed engine? Is the carb electronically controlled by the ECU? I didnt see more than a couple wires on the back of the carb. Now that all the smog stuff is gone, will the ECU be throwing codes?

Lastly, I heard you can get a header for this engine. Any suggestions where and how much?

nivek2002

mechanical fuel pump, between your distrbutor and head/valve cover.

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
A few pictures:

EGR Blockoff Plate

Found the exhaust leak! 1 broken stud and 2 stripped or loose studs. joyous.

Nearly completed streamling the engine bay.

For the record, all the smog stuff minus the EGR pipe weighed in at 17lbs on the bathroom scale.

If I cant get a hold of a cheap header I might gut the cat, and im also in the process of removing the A/C system. fun stuff.

I made an extra set of blockoff plates if anyone is interested. The holes aren't drilled and I didn't make them super precise but they will work just fine. I'll sell the 3 plates for 10 bucks plus shipping if anyone is interested.