$150 Race Car

• You cannot reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
I ain't skeered of no wiring! It cant be that bad. As long as I know where wires need to go, its cake. I did the wiring on my other car:

custom swapped v6 engine into my 90 celica.

what weight is the honda manual tranny fluid? 75w-90? 70w-80?

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The Honda MTF is like engine oil weight, 10W30.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

nivek2002

Wow, ok sorry i doubted you biggrin.gif - give us some more info on the beast!

And yes there is a website that lays out all the wiring changes so it should be easy for you

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i said 89 teg cause it has a few more ponies and a better ignition system. If your swapping into a carbed vehicle, your going to have to redo a ton of wiring anyway, so might as well use the 89 teg. If you were swapping into an Si that already has wiring for the fuel injection, then the 87-88 teg would be easier.

whatdahieu

• whatdahieu
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 95 Ford Ranger & 87 CRX Si
powdercoat, regrinds, port and polish

GET A DREMEL!!!!!!!

agreziv86E-AS

what v6 is that in the celica??? blink.gif
"Been there, done that"

nivek2002

I dont know the engine code, but it looks to me like the V6 thats in all the last generation V6 Camrys, and (how i know it) in my mother 1996 Toyota Avalon. Nice slick motor, ive seen one in an MR2 - but supercharged ohmy.gif - BEAST!

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan
i have an 85 sedan, and i think the motor is finally giving out on me. im really considering this 89 integ swap since you can find one for really cheap but my car is carbed. how much work is it to replace the fuel system to make it fuel injected and how much money do you think ill be spending if i did the whole swap myself. if i can find a 300 dollar parts car then that would be awesome but what else would i need to buy?

Dakatsu

• Granny
  • Pip
hello everyone

Sorry for my bad english at start...

I'm from Poland. I bought my Civic 8 months ago... and i must say - that's a great car! My civic is a hatchback 87 EV2 engine (europe version), 170.000 km...

That's all i have to say at now... some pics soon...

LuisDX

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: Honda Civic 3G
QUOTE (Dakatsu @ Dec 7 2003, 12:14 PM)
hello everyone

Sorry for my bad english at start...

I'm from Poland. I bought my Civic 8 months ago... and i must say - that's a great car! My civic is a hatchback 87  EV2 engine (europe version), 170.000 km...

That's all i have to say at now... some pics soon...

I been waiting.....my english is bad too, i'm from Dominican Republic, and i want a civic 87 3G with a B18C5, coming soon.... biggrin.gif

PacerRacerGirl

• Racerchick
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: Old car: 1986 Civic Si. Then a 94 Mazda MX6. Now a 90 Miata and a 87 Civic Si
Welcome LuisDX and Dakatsu!

I must say, your english is much better than a lot of native english speakers on this board! biggrin.gif

Nice to have you with us!

unusualcivic

• Audio Guru
  • PipPip
While I am new myself, I'd still like to extend welcome to you, Dakatsu and LuisDX smile.gif
Blast from the past.

Founder of the

150DollarRacer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1990 Toyota Celica GT V6, 1987 Honda Civic DX 1500
Hi all. With low funds and not much spare time, I think im going to keep the engine thats in the car now instead of doin an EFI engine swap. That, and it might be kind of fun to learn how to tune a carb and so forth.

Is it possible to pick up a header, cam, and bigger carb for cheap? Where might I look to find these parts? I have access to a machine shop so having an adapter plate made wouldnt be too hard. Im mostly worried about the oodles of vacuum lines under the hood. I've never seen so many lines before. its rather daunting. Are most of the lines for smog or do they actually serve some useful purpose regarding the function of the engine?

Also, any recommendations for finding a cheap clutch? I think the one on here is the stock one and it might be goin out soon.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
As far as clutches go, get a stock replacement, and when you have your flywheel machined, take an extra 0.5mm off the outer ring, the pressure plate mount, and this will have the clutch grab much harder and make a huge difference. Also, if you are at it, you may as well lighten your flywheel down to no more than 12 lbs, that will also make a nice improvement on your car.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

DarkHand

QUOTE (150DollarRacer @ Mar 15 2004, 06:16 PM)
Are most of the lines for smog or do they actually serve some useful purpose regarding the function of the engine?

Before

After

Everything taken out is emmisions related tongue.gif

these two threads should help you remove it all. smile.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 16 March 2004 - 10:47 AM.

DarkHand