• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
Also, as mentioned earlier, if this is just for the track of course. Your car will be faster and accelerate better with 13" tires. At the most I'd go 14" but from my experience when I went from a 13" to 14" my car went slower.

So, do you want it to LOOK cool on the track cool.gif ? Or do you want to go fast biggrin.gif ?

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

fujii13

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1982 civic 1300
i'd say that depends on the weight of the rims/tires. my GSR fat fives/azenis don't weight much more than the steelies and crap tires i was running before, but the fat fives only weigh in at 16 lbs each.

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
16 lb isn't really light though(thats also about what a 86-87 crx si wheel weights). when i think light wheels i think like 10-12 lbs or less...

*EDIT* and i'm talking only the wheels no rubber on them.

Edited by GIFF, 11 May 2005 - 10:38 AM.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
It also has to do with gear ratios a smaller tire will give you a lower effictive gear ratio and make your acceleration faster right?

well anyways i know a smaller overall diamater wheel/tire combo will give better acceleration. But considering about all the 13 inch tires you can get are a 60 profile, you can just get a 14" wheel with (45?) profile tires and the overall diamater would be smaller (of course it all depends on the width)

unless someone can direct me to a place that sells low profile 13's i dotn know of any.

Sean

Edited by rexsk8er, 11 May 2005 - 11:40 AM.

evilGearhead

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx si
try tirerack.com
i am running sumitomo htr summer tires, 195/60s , and they are great for street tires, about the same grip as azenis, but they cost i used to have only $38 each. cheap.

My how-to's
JDM digital dash
JDM power windows

My project needs your help
Parts wanted

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (evilGearhead @ May 11 2005, 12:20 PM)
try tirerack.com
i am running sumitomo htr summer tires, 195/60s , and they are great for street tires, about the same grip as azenis, but they cost i used to have only $38 each. cheap.

The same grip as Azenis? The hell they do.

I have a set of the HTR 200 in 215/50R13, and they work great for street tires. They're good in everything but snow, and they have decent grip. They absolutely are not track tires. They are very well priced and seem to last a long time, too. Listen to Scott and use street tires on the street and track tires on the track. And if you're going to have track-only tires, make them 13s. You'll appreciate the better acceleration and cornering.

Mike
No power . . . no weight