What Would You Do?

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if you had a chance to get back the first car you really liked, would you? the one you spent all your time working on then sold/got rid of for a stupid reason? would you get rid of your 84-87 that you have now for the one you "cut your teeth" on? just a question..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '84 CRX
i wouldnt. my reason would be who knows what condition i'd get it back in.

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Nah.....

Only because the only car I really put a lot of work into is the 87 Si. And I still have it, and it is not leaving anytime soon.....unless someone makes me a huge offer...but I will prolly decline the offer in a heartbeat.....
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ok.. i'll be completely up front. the guy who bought my 2nd gen crx off of me is selling it.. i want it back.. he hasn't touched it. i looked at it last night, it's pretty much exactly as i left it.. minus the b16a i pulled out for his zc to go in.. basically, it was my first car. my first love. i spent about 4 or so years with it modifying it to my liking.. then got tired of it.. so i sold it.. bought my dads' hatch, as you all know.. well, the crx has a lot of stuff done that i would be doing anyway to the hatch eventually. not to mention the crx i would feel a little safer on the track racing because it's a heck of a lot easier to find parts for..

i guess what it comes down to is which one i like better in the end.. i got to drive my old crx last night.. it handles just like i remember.. it's like it's a part of my brain and does exactly what i want it to do.. here's the run-down on the parts of the crx. mind you i installed them all when i had it...

Prothane bushings
koni yellow shocks
ground control coil adjusters
eibach 550lb front 600lb rear springs
stock front swaybar
addco rear swaybar
Neuspeed upper front/rear strut bars
Cusco lower front/rear strut bar
sparco steering wheel
heads up display
ZC hood
"M3" style wing
stainless steel brake lines
hawk hp + front brake pads, axxis suck my metal masters in the rear
super-blue brake fluid
since it's a 1990, it's got full disk brakes.
fluidyne radiator
will be getting my b16a
fully custom 2 1/4 piping exhaust with MASSIVE reasonator so it's quiet and an ES oval muffler

and that's all i can remember right now..

if i decide to trade the guy, cause he wants my hatch, i'll most definately still post on this board. i mean, my girl has an 87 DX..

thanks for the time.. just trying to clear my mind. i couldn't sleep after i drove it last night.. such hard decisions.. what makes it even harder, is that my dad owned the 3g since 86.. and i know he's gonna hate to see it go..

skrzastek

I would keep the hatch personally. I know all the dumb stuff I did to my first car and who knows what kind of damage I did to it during the "learning" period of driving. It seems as if the hatch has a lot of personal value. I bought my CRX from my uncle who was the orginal owner. He always said he would never sell it, but, as things go he reached a point where he had too (new wife didn't like it, I said get rid of her, not the car, but anyways). I have lusted after that car since I was 4 years old, and now I have it, and will keep up on its maintaince, while continuing to have fun with it. I've even flirted with the idea to turn it into a Honda Challenge car, but just cannot bring myself to do it. That is just my two cents.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
yeah... my dad's car has a lot more sentimental value to him though. not so much me... sometimes i feel like i'm driving my dads car and it's not really mine... i guess that's one of the reasons why i don't want anything to happen to it...

but, i know if anyone else gets my old crx, it WILL be wrecked. i guarantee that.. the suspension isn't really a good daily driver and the driver of the car needs to be experienced.. and do i really want to see my first love run into a tree?

orangecrx

i would just get my crx back

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
I am not very good with parting with my cars (that is why I have so many). I still have my first car, a '67 Triumph, TR4A. However, it has languished in my garage for 15 years (or more).

I would say get your old car back, though not at the "expense" of giving up your hatch, since the hatch has been in the family since new.

First cars are pretty special. I once helped a friend find and buy back the Healey that he owned in the '60s.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

skrzastek

If there is anyway of getting it back without selling the hatch, that would be the way to go.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i wish, but i have a truck, too. and the truck is most definately needed.. it's either one or the other.. sadly, my mom won't let my dad buy back his civic..

but thanks guys for the replies.. i'm pretty much set on buying it back.. ever since i sold it i've been kicking myself, and now that i have the chance to get it back i don't know why i'm questioning myself.. like i said, i still have my girlfriends crx if i ever need to endulge in some torsien bar terror.. and i will still attend rpr meets and i will most definately still be here cause you all are some cool mo-fo's.. well, i'll keep everyone up to date as for what i do.. i do really appreciate all of you helping me..

skrzastek

are you going to sell or trade the civic?

skrzastek

the more I think about it and looking at what you said, I would go for the CRX, there will always be more 3g Civic's to indulge in later if you feel the need

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
If there is/were any way to keep both cars, definitely that's the way to go. I understand how finances play a major (well, "THE") role in this, too.

Just out of curiosity.....

What is he selling the crx for?

IF you bought it back, and had to sell your 3G...

What would you sell your breadvan for?

bryman---thinks you should find a way to keep 'em both
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I also think you should keep both of em, the 3G has more potential, being lighter....

Plus its nicer looking than a 2G Rex, IMO.

And what would I do to get my first car back? Walk outside and put the key in the ignition, swap the plates from the Bulldog, and go for a burn. I don't think anything will make me get rid of my Si.... cool.gif

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
like i said, i really can't save them both.. the guy who has my crx will probably buy my 3rd gen off of me. so it's a trade.. i get my old car back, he gets my car. he's a friend of mine and 87Si so i'm sure he reads this board.. it'll be right down the street from me, not too far away..

i've always loved the way a 2g rex looked.. i don't know why, i just do.. there's something about them.. they're just soooo low.. like my old one, the headlights are actually lower than that of a corvettes nose.. with the headlights down.. it always looked like it was just hovering above the earth..

btw, i'm trying to get $1500 which should be really easy for the breadvan.. $2000 with b16a mounts/linkage/axles. and $2200 with the EDm headlights/corners.. more than likely, he'll take all.