Honda Fit

• You cannot reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic

nivek2002

Well it was just released on TOV that its coming! This is great news to me, i got see some down in the carribean and they look stunning. At $10,000 dollars this is really tempting me. biggrin.gif

Kevin

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
What the hell is it exactly? Specs? Links?

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

pwr_crx

look kinda similar? rolleyes.gif
Bryan....
user posted image

87 Si Dohc - T

nivek2002

Lol yes they are similar to the oddy but are actually very cool - small sub compact, weight is sub 2500lbs biggrin.gif , 1.3L or 1.5L i think L series motors, great gas milage. Just think of it as a great Daily Driver, or great first car for many kids.

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
hehehe......
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

nivek2002

thank you! I loved the movie biggrin.gif

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Airjockie @ Jan 31 2004, 07:26 AM)

I WANT THAT CAR!
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Hotrodder

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
Too bad it's a taxi! sad.gif

From motortrend's site

Japan's Honda Motor Co. will start selling a 1.3- litre subcompact in the United States as early as this year to compete with its South Korean rivals, a leading Japanese financial daily reported Thursday.

According to the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Honda expected to sell the model at about 10,000 dollars, cheaper than its Civic, which is priced at 13,000 to 20,000 dollars for models with 1.3- to 2-litre engines.

According to the report, the new subcompact to be introduced will be based on Honda's Fit subcompact, which is popular in Japan, and the automaker expected annual sales of 50,000 units.

Honda is considering exporting the vehicles from Japan but might produce them in Brazil instead if the dollar continues to trade below 110 yen and makes exports from Japan less profitable or even loss- making, the report said.

Meanwhile, Honda's spokeswoman Yuriko Yabe denied the report from Tokyo, saying nothing had been decided.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I don't want just a regular Fit, I want the Mugen one linked above. If you haven't seen it, go and do it now!
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

IamNOTaRicer

• U sux0rz @ teh intArweb
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 Civic Si, '81 Mazda RX-7
Yea.. the Dynamite is awesome... makes me actually consider buying a Honda product built after 1987... oh, if only it makes it to our shores..

--Danny

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
Mugen Fit Dynamite: Bryman want!
That is a sweet looking ride. They REALLY need to bring that bad boy over to North America (NO, not just Canada-----bastids and your CRX Si SE's)

I think I soiled myself after viewing the movie....

bryman<------would SOOOOOO rock the Fit dynamite
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

DarkHand

It's nice with the K swap, but then again ANYTHING is nice with a K swap. biggrin.gif

I want to like it, but I can't seem to get used to the styling. smile.gif
DarkHand

timothymckay

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic Hatch D16A3
Get this, over here it's called the "Honda Jazz". Almost as bad as "Fit"

Edited by timothymckay, 10 March 2004 - 08:26 PM.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I can't get past this new 'taller' design school. I just don't like cars that are taller than they are wide, it rubs me the wrong way, and really screams 'sub-compact' Such as the fit, echo, prius, etc.

IMO cars should all be wider than they are tall, not just for looks, but for safety (roll) purposes. Thought the Civic and CRX are both sub-compacts, they don't scream out as such, mainly because their body style is wide before tall.

My $0.02

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

nivek2002

QUOTE (Rampage @ Mar 10 2004, 04:54 PM)
I can't get past this new 'taller' design school.  I just don't like cars that are taller than they are wide, it rubs me the wrong way, and really screams 'sub-compact'  Such as the fit, echo, prius, etc.

IMO cars should all be wider than they are tall, not just for looks, but for safety (roll) purposes.  Thought the Civic and CRX are both sub-compacts, they don't scream out as such, mainly because their body style is wide before tall. 

My $0.02

Cheers,
Mark

As far as asthetics (sp?) i completely agree. But i have seen these narrow cars in action down on the carribean islands where you almost must have a small narrow car for little roads and bad traffic. There they are completely at home. Then you bring them to the US and they dont quite fit in with the hummers and such laugh.gif