• Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 92 Integra GS-R , 85 Turbo CRX Si -Stolen 09/07
http://cgi.ebay.com/...bayphotohosting

rolleyes.gif

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
i like it ,im not really a fan of the hood scoop ,but it looks like this guy put alot of time into his car biggrin.gif but i wouldent pay 1800 for it 1000 tops

i allso like those rims wink.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
2 intakes......balla laugh.gif

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i drove it!!! he had it on ebay a couple weeks ago.

my honest impressions:

Engine runs smooth, and clutch is definately slipping, he had not tightened the adjuster at all so may not need immediate replacement. he said he replaced the driverside axle, but there is still a grrrr sound when driving and gets worse when you turn. to me it sounded like it was coming from the tranny/diff (just where it sounded like) the metal on the body is in good shape, didnt see any rust nor could i feel any on the rear quarters. but the platstics were in not so good shape, a few cracks, bumper sag etc. needs some shocks/dampers.

the interior actually looks good, and i am the type that hates that style of crap. the carpet is generic aftermarket, but is nice quality to it. though he laid it in there in 3 pieces. doesnt look to bad. the spare tire cover is gone and the hatch struts are shot and the tint leaves some to be desired.....

now, the intersting hood scoop. is made of aluminum flashing but well constructed and you can definately hear the air sucking in through that filter. but the way that it AND the stock airbox connect to the TB is via vaccuum cleaner hose (the stuff used for the accessorry attachments)

i would give no more than 700, which he said he would take wink.gif the wheels looked like Enkei's but he didnt know. a few chips in the paint, and yes paint not powder coat.

all in all, needs quite a bit of tlc but has the potential to be pretty dang nice.
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
Unless its really got the goods under the hood, it shouldn't be run'n a bigass hood scoop like that.
Sorta like a guy walking around with a rolled up sock in his shorts.

duner

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Jun 19 2007, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless its really got the goods under the hood, it shouldn't be run'n a bigass hood scoop like that.
Sorta like a guy walking around with a rolled up sock in his shorts.

its stock otherwise. he said he did it to spite a honda-hater friend...............

Vouch Thread

Kain

• From Ashy to Classy
  • PipPipPip
lol that's definately a good enough reason for me biggrin.gif
Ay!
Ay, dog, ay!
You stepped on my sneaker meng!

myheadhertz

• Some days it isn't worth gnawing thru the leather straps
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '91 CRX si, '66 Datsun SPL311, '87 CRX turbo under construction
QUOTE (duner @ Jun 19 2007, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
its stock otherwise. he said he did it to spite a honda-hater friend...............

LOL! I don't quite get it. That stoopid hood scoop could make ME a Honda hater.

duner

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (myheadhertz @ Jun 19 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL! I don't quite get it. That stoopid hood scoop could make ME a Honda hater.

yeah, i didnt really understand it either....and my god, it reduced visibilty so much!

Vouch Thread

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
that scoo would make any honda owner a honda hater.. what up with the air box and stuff its all werd?
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
god that hood is ugly....

i think if your gonna do something like that make sure the engine is bad ass and dont make it look like a cardboard cut out....go get a wrx hood scoop
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
extra pressure from hood scoop is useless w/ the 2 intakes too. that's an easy fix tho, just get a CF hood from Mr.D

and Tein Suspension too. I think for about $5000 it could be a killer beast....like any other stock crx.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

Motor City Hamilton

• The Green Snowplow
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 ITC Civic
How could he do such a thing to a Honda? That hood scoop is border line hillbilly! Plus, I've never understood how a person could primer a car and not finish the paint the same weekend. I mean, you've already done the hard parts, all the sanding, the time to tape it off, the time to shoot the coats of primer. How do you then make the decision to untape everything and drive it around for a couple of months. Plus, primer absorbs water.
My driving skills fall somewhere between The Stig and Sammy Hawkins!

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
QUOTE (Motor City Hamilton @ Jun 21 2007, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How could he do such a thing to a Honda? That hood scoop is border line hillbilly! Plus, I've never understood how a person could primer a car and not finish the paint the same weekend. I mean, you've already done the hard parts, all the sanding, the time to tape it off, the time to shoot the coats of primer. How do you then make the decision to untape everything and drive it around for a couple of months. Plus, primer absorbs water.

lol my friend did that because we werent sure if the primer went first or not.....(i was 13)
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

duner

• PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Motor City Hamilton @ Jun 20 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

because he didnt take the time. well it looked like he taped it off, but didnt do any prep work......and its the "cool" look

Vouch Thread