Installing A Weber 32/36 Dgev On A 87 Honda Crx Dx

• You cannot reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic

sslgreg

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Civic DX, 2011 F150 SuperCrew, 2001 Honda Accord (wife's car)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (PuddleSkipper @ Dec 8 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about the computer though? and yes my car is the standard 84-87 US model with the K726 Weber kit on it. I was looking at the bottom of the intake manifold when I had it off and was cleaning it and noticed the way the intake runners are routed on this particular manifold I don't think it matters which way the carb is mounted. I do have pics but for some reason have never been able to post them.

None of the carburetor equipped Civics/CRXs have computers. The solenoids in the emissions box are vacuum-operated - when the vacuum reaches a set level, the solenoid is triggered to do whatever it's set to do. If there were a computer, there would be a port to plug a reader or computer into. Modern vehicles do the same thing, except they use an electronic sensor at the vacuum source (or intake or exhaust - whatever is being measured), and send the information to the computer via wire. Fewer vacuum hoses means fewer hard-to-trace (and diagnose) leaks.

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
QUOTE (sslgreg @ Jan 10 2011, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
None of the carburetor equipped Civics/CRXs have computers. The solenoids in the emissions box are vacuum-operated - when the vacuum reaches a set level, the solenoid is triggered to do whatever it's set to do. If there were a computer, there would be a port to plug a reader or computer into. Modern vehicles do the same thing, except they use an electronic sensor at the vacuum source (or intake or exhaust - whatever is being measured), and send the information to the computer via wire. Fewer vacuum hoses means fewer hard-to-trace (and diagnose) leaks.

actually, that's not right,The HF has a computer,and the vac boxes have electronic vac controllers and vac pumps

Sorry to revive an old thread.
no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Not a bad thread to revive.

Mines up for sale.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

bigboi407

• Anti-Government Official
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
when i ran my weber on my 87 CRX DX, had D15A2 w/ 213k miles, i noticed that when i hit the gas that the carb would shoot out some white vapors, im guessing gas??, would the Cat not being gutted have something to do with this?? if not then why did my carb do this??
1984-1987 HONDA CIVIC CRX PARTS FOR SALE 1/25/12

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

monkeey

• Banana Powered Monkey
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2007 Honda Fit Sport, 1987 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (bigboi407 @ Oct 16 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i ran my weber on my 87 CRX DX, had D15A2 w/ 213k miles, i noticed that when i hit the gas that the carb would shoot out some white vapors, im guessing gas??, would the Cat not being gutted have something to do with this?? if not then why did my carb do this??

when i was having trouble getting everything running correct, i would get those puffs of white when it would die , idk

bigboi407

• Anti-Government Official
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (monkeey @ Oct 16 2011, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i was having trouble getting everything running correct, i would get those puffs of white when it would die , idk

woudnt die, ran just fine before i took it out, but it only put out that white vapors when going over 4-5k RPMs
1984-1987 HONDA CIVIC CRX PARTS FOR SALE 1/25/12

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Oct 2 2011, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a bad thread to revive.

Mines up for sale.

How many dollars,My good sir?
no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rileyescobar @ Oct 20 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many dollars,My good sir?

Sold it for 200 including the ported manifold/devaced and throttle return spring and bracket.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

monkeey

• Banana Powered Monkey
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2007 Honda Fit Sport, 1987 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (chedda_j @ Oct 20 2011, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sold it for 200 including the ported manifold/devaced and throttle return spring and bracket.

thats a great deal !!

Smokescreem

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX SI ,2004 CRV EX, 1968 VW BUG, 1955 Porsche Speedster replica
    Garage View Garage
Nice job !

eddy6984

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 84 honda crx,

hey i just installed the weber on my 84 1.5, got the air/fuel mixture screw and the trottle screw dialed in what i beleive is correct, but now when i turn it off it diesels down and "knocks" and i have no clue at all why it is doing this i need some advice, i dont know much bout cars. i did the devac tried my best off of pics i could find on this site maybe if someone has does this same set up if they could shoot me some pics or something.

AlexCine7d

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX, 2003 Chevy Silverado ext

Just finished devacing my car, I broke a bolt on the manifold so I'm getting that out next, kinda holding it off till I get other simpler things finished first. I have a few questions... 

Where does the valve cover hose go now that it no longer has a place to go? Do i just leave it be or plug it up? Also theres a hose going from the manifold and does a 180 straight down and plugs into somewhere on the block i believe... Do i keep this?

Check out my project car- http://www.redpepper...showtopic=54060

hounter90

Alex, just put an autozone filter on the valve cover hose and the hose that does a 180 goes to your PCV valve, leave it hooked up.

Eddy, you probably dont habe the mixture set right. Try richening the mixture a bit and see if it gets better/worse and adjust accordingly. I had the same problem with mine when I did it and after readjusting the mixture the problem stopped

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

1987wagon

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1987 civic wagon
I have a 87 civic wagon and swapping the engine from a 86 crx dx engine code ew1.if i do a weber conversion which one do I need and do I do away with most of the vacuum lines

rockosocko

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 2 many 2 list..

BUT. No one talks about the aux port to the intake valve..

If they're all coked up and poopy, it won't matter how much you spend on a carb/carbs, it's gonna run like crap

since the tracts are basically plugged.

messed with these for decades with the cvcc stuff.

The best I cam up with is to use some 3/16" cable (fray the end for about 1/2"), put in a cordless drill and have it rotate the same way as the 'twist' and force it in to clean the coke/carbon out.

Keep doing this til it flushes clean.

E