• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
finally, after many 2 AM nights my B18 swap is completed. i cant even describe the feeling of accomplishment let alone the feeling of driving the crx now. all i can say is WOW. i knew it would be pretty quick and torquie but i got more than i expected with this swap. i dont even know what else to say, im still dumfounded. i'll get some pic's of the finished product tomorrow.

but for now here's a sneak peek

hope you like it, i know i do.

Rodney
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

I3ackfire

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 88 Crx Si, 86 Crx Dx
Great job man. Nothing feels better than a job done by YOU in the end!

NiMi1718

is that a cable shift trans or hydrolic shift just wondering.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
its a cable trans. i went with the 94 motor but used the 90-93 trans because of the cable. 94+ had the hydro
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

NiMi1718

are you still gonna make those custom steel mounts are have you got some good pics as to see how to make them casue i got steel plating and was wondering how to make'em casue i may do this swap. OH YEAH if you dont mind my asking how much money was tied up in this whole swap.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

CRXdan

nice, whats the hp rating on that motor?
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
yeah, i made my own mounts from 1/4" steel. i havnt really given much thought to producing the mounts but it is a possibility.i have some decent pic's of the mounts in my gallery. if i were to produce the mounts i think i would just find a machine shop, metal fabricator or someone of that sort to copy my mounts because it is just too time consuming cutting them out with an angle grinder. as for the price, i bought just about every last piece twice, yes 2 times, but that pecker head is being delt with accordingly. im guessing i have about $1700-$1800 wrapped up into it so far.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
crxdan, 142 hp and 127 tq for the specs. not sure what rpm max hp and tq is though (just dont remember). hard as hell to stay off of the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gears because it runs through them so fast.

BlankReg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 civic si hatch, '92 civic si hatch
I've been considering a B18b swap for my 86 si civic. What ECU and wiring harness did you use?

oh, and NICE JOB man!

Edited by BlankReg, 10 September 2004 - 12:24 PM.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
BlankReg, i used the 94 motor, complete harness and computer (P75). i kinda wish i would have done it a little differently than i did though. i just put the whole harness right into the crx and made connections that i needed and left all the other wires there just hidden. if i were to do it again i would have cut the whole harness open and and eliminated all the power windows, locks, cruise, ABS, SRS and stuff like that like wilq suggested but by that time i already had the harness routed through the car.

BlankReg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '86 civic si hatch, '92 civic si hatch
QUOTE (crxls @ Sep 10 2004, 01:53 PM)
BlankReg, i used the 94 motor, complete harness and computer (P75).

thats the original harness and computer that came with the b18, correct? from an Acura LS?

thanks!

firstgencrxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Red 1986 Honda Civic Si
Wow, that's a tight squeeze. Congratulations on a job well done. smile.gif
Will be dropping a DOHC ZC in my 86 Civic Si when the EW4 dies. That may be a while...
Current upgrades: Integra front brakes; Modified Civic Wagon springs; Lowered; 15"x7" steel rims with Yokohama tires
Parts that I have waiting to be installed: Urethane bushings; Sway bars; Tokiko HP struts and shocks; Strut and shock tower bars
Future Upgrades: DOHC ZC swap (JDM Brown Top); Integra rear disk brakes; Reupholster seats; Repair dents; New paint, likely the same red

CRXdan

What year did thisd motor come out of?
90-91 or 92-93?
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

demon2180

man that is sweet hope you come down for the meet on november21 at bull run so we can see it .............man you leave the motor stock or not ? have fun looks good time for the b16a vtec head lol
user posted imageshift light offuser posted imageshift light on heheh
user posted imageSportInjectedClub

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Awsome... that thing will fly, I bet you will do low 14''s or so. how is the traction? are you buring the tires off... any way nice work and even better with custome mounts. maybe some day you could do a b16 head, if thats your style. good luck with it any way.