How Low Is Your Car?

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

bridgework1812

• Almost breathing
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx dx, 88 civic sedan, , 82 Suzuki 850, 89 Prelude S, 88 crx hf
QUOTE (I3ackfire @ Aug 21 2004, 12:36 PM)
Where have you 2 come across those mugen torsion bars? And how much did you buy thme for, if you dont mind me asking?

mine came with my crx when i bought it, the guy didnt say where he got them from exactly, but i've measured them and they are what they are suppose to be.

but my car cost me 400 dollars, 2 guns and a six pack of beer and came with a bunch of extras like a dc front strut bar, 2 trust strut bars, a trust rear sway, kyb and eibach springs and struts, beautiful interior, an 87 teg harness complete and uncut, 4pt roll bar, those mugen t bars and some other stuff i cant think of at the moment.

Edited by bridgework1812, 21 August 2004 - 09:29 PM.

user posted image
La Forza del Destino

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
my car is effing low lika 1/4 inch between my 205/15/50s and my front fender... only car i have seen lower than mine is MR. D's

i use 5/8 inch spacers to push the wheels out flush withthe wheel arch looks bad arse

sleeperbeauty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1994 Honda Civic CX 1495 Mini-me approx 150 hp. 1994 Honda Civic EX. Stock block, DC Header, GReddy catback, AEM Intake. approx 128 hp.
well.. lets see here.. the pic that i got dont really show it too well.. but i got my 88 civic sedan as far as it can go on stock struts.. without cutting the strut... i dont got any springs period..
cost $0.00
ride ... sucks
looks ... pretty cool
would i do it again.. F**KIN RIGHT!!!!
'TOHC i-VTEC/II' in the works... call me a ricer, but i will be the king.

I dont know what the hell you just said little kid, but you special.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
there it is, sleeperbeauty's car with no springs.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

sleeperbeauty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1994 Honda Civic CX 1495 Mini-me approx 150 hp. 1994 Honda Civic EX. Stock block, DC Header, GReddy catback, AEM Intake. approx 128 hp.
that there is a genuine hillbilly set up.. the 195/50-15 tires are tucked in about 1/2 an inch up front and 1/3 inch in the back. maybe more.. i'm not a good judge of distance. the tow hook up front is about 3/4 inch offa the ground and the pinch welds right behind the front wheel is about half inch offa the ground.. i like to drive around in that thing with a sambryro on and a big chew in my lip.. so i look like a mexican redneck and listen to rap music. all genres of that car all put intogether (ps, i'm 6'4 and 210 pounds.. i'm not small)

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Damn sleeper, that sedan is hella low biggrin.gif I like!!!

But it's not about how low you can go, it's about versatility laugh.gif :

DSMTimeline.jpg

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
hell yeah airgazm86, next time im in indiana visiting sleeperbeauty we might have to hook up with you and check out your car. looks good.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sweet!!! I just realized sleeper is located in Indiana rolleyes.gif Are you going to IUP this semester cause maybe we can meet up? Crxls, please let me know when you'll be visiting and we can get a little meet going biggrin.gif Are either of you going to Pittsburgh Raceway Park on Friday for "Sub-compact Madness" night? If so, let me know cause I'm going for sure...I think it starts at 6 p.m.

DSMTimeline.jpg

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
im 4 hours from indiana and am busting my ass to get my car finished by this weekend, but even if i do get it finished i want to drive it around close to home just to make sure things are right, but i will have the B powered crx in indiana here within the next few weeks. you will see my brothers car around indiana a lot if you are going to IUP.

Edited by crxls, 24 August 2004 - 02:53 AM.

sleeperbeauty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
dude.. your from punxy.. thats fucked up. thanks for the compliment. your shit is tite too. i dont go to iup, i'm too damn stupid blink.gif i'd go friday but i gotta .. shit.. umm.. whats that called.. i keep forgeting... SON OF A BITCH! .. oh, job (Just Over Broke) and i work all the damn time to keep that beast full o gas... that 42 mpg is killing me!!! oh, i work in j-town and my g/f lives in pittsburgh...

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Can't wait for the b-series power!!! Maybe you could let me ride shotgun and feel what real power is like biggrin.gif

I completely understand about being broke, trust me laugh.gif I'll be on the lookout for both of you when I'm in Indi. I'll mostly be driving my silverish/pewter 1G AWD Talon...so if you happen to see me, flag me down biggrin.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

Erik

• Kia Rio Driver
  • PipPipPipPip
hmmm looking at all these lowered car maybe i shud lower mine nah the zero offset on my rims wud rub like a MOFO so iwill keep mine where it is

oldschoolsi

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si
my old 4 g sittin on 17's with coilovers all the way down, you will have to copy and paste because angelfire is stupid

http://www.angelfire...dr/Pic00004.JPG

on steelies:

http://www.angelfire.../sideangle2.JPG

http://www.angelfire...ek4dr/stock.jpg

http://www.angelfire...r/withcoils.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsi, 24 August 2004 - 10:33 AM.

1986D16A6

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX SI
I put the eibach springs on the back( I think they were the sportsman). And I need to index my front bars. I also have tokiko HP shocks on my car, it loves to smack the rear on certian bumbs especially when it's fully loaded for an autocross with a passenger.

gtcali

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '89 Civic Sedan (turbo), 2000 Suburban 4x4 (lifted), 85 CRX Si (project)
Sleeperbeauty - I have an 89 Sedan just like yours. On black 15" Slipstream. 205 50 Kumhos, and I'm 1/4" from my tires with Neuspeed Race springs.

So, what's in the sleeper?

I have a mini-me turbo with mostly junkyard parts in mine.