Work In Progress

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
To all,

Here's my 87 CRX Si. The project is progressing but at a somewhat slower than anticipated pace. I have to go out of town agan this week for work so it seems everytime I want to work on it something is always getting in the way.

I didn't have a camera when I first bought it but if you look at the pic with the original fenders and header panel you can get an idea of how she looked and why I am repainting her.

http://www.excelsion.com/crx

Ivan

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

I3ackfire

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 88 Crx Si, 86 Crx Dx
Looks like it is coming along nicely none-the-less. I will be waiting for the finished project!

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well done, you are braver than I, going all out on the bodywork! The more time you take to prep it, the nicer it will look.

The job always takes longer than anticipated, its just the way it is tongue.gif

What are your plans besides restoring the body?

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Rampage @ Aug 17 2004, 05:01 PM)
Well done, you are braver than I, going all out on the bodywork!  The more time you take to prep it, the nicer it will look.

The job always takes longer than anticipated, its just the way it is  tongue.gif

What are your plans besides restoring the body?

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks, I lucked out the car was originally from Florida and spent most of it's life there. It then was abused in NY by the previous owner, whoever it was. I was fortunate that there was only one spot of rust I had to fix on the passenger side rear fender ('bout the size of two dimes set side by side).

Anyway, some of the plans are as follows:

- New exhaust, probably a Magnaflow setup that I've seen recommended on the site.
- I picked up some KYB shocks for all four corners off a fellow member
- I have some slotted rotors too that I'll be putting on (you can see the KYB's and rotors in one of the pics)
- Tom hooked me up with a DC Sports header
- Tom also hooked me up with a reground camshaft that was originally gtpilot's with an adjustable cam gear
- I also picked up a 23mm rear sway bar setup off an ebay auction
- RPR shift knob

I haven't decided if I'm going to keep the 'Buttons' (as some call them) or opt for some different wheels....guess I'll decide when I get to that junction.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yeah, loose the buttons. They are only 14x5, 14x6's are much nicer, and even better would be 15x7.

Here is my car with 14x5 buttons:

And 14x6 Snowflakes:

You be the judge.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Dan-O

Hey Ivan,
You saw what my inexpensive Pep Boy wheels looked like. I love 'em.

You have to stop over and see the turbo install. I'm driving it now and still tuning.

Here's a tip, don't set any kind of deadline or date that the car will be done. Everyone will just bug you and you'll feel disappointed too because it's "taking longer than you said"

Keep us updated!
Dan-O

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Dan-O @ Aug 17 2004, 07:02 PM)
Hey Ivan,
You saw what my inexpensive Pep Boy wheels looked like.  I love 'em.

You have to stop over and see the turbo install.  I'm driving it now and still tuning. 

Here's a tip, don't set any kind of deadline or date that the car will be done.  Everyone will just bug you and you'll feel disappointed too because it's "taking longer than you said"

Keep us updated!
Dan-O

Yeah, I've been looking around...found a set of Koenig's that I like for a decent price...dunno yet.

You're right about the setting a date thing.....my girlfriend keeps buggin me about 'when will it be done'.....'is it done yet' etc...
She thought I was gonna slap some paint on Rex and be done with it last fall. She watches Overhaulin with me and thinks all cars should be able to be done in a week's time.

Yeah, when I get back from going out of town for work I'll definitely have to check out that turbo.