Sk7 Intermediate Shaft

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

DaveM

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 civic
I managed to find an sk7 shaft Im just lookong to know whats the difference between an auto and a manual one

also is there a difference between one for a hydro and cable box

much appreciated thanks

DaveM

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
anyone?

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage

i was always under the assumption they were one in the same, it was simply to adjust the driveshaft to snake it's way around the block... don't think there should be any issues between auto or manual, and cable or hydro... it's just to transfer the rotation from tranny to the axles.... 

Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Not sure what an sk7 is but generally speaking you can't use the auto on the manual and vice versa. Although bolt mounting patterns may be the same cause it is the same block the backside that bolts to the block is different because the auto differential is spaced differently. Also the end that plugs into the trans may also be different. I have heard that some intermediate shafts have the right splines and will plug into the trans diff but are not long enough to let the snap ring or whatever it's called on the end, to open up, This means that the shaft was not intended for that differential.

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage

temporary-1.jpg

these came up for sale, does it have to be the SK7 shaft? will nothing else work? these are off a cable tranny CRX SiR... would they still fit if i used a hydro tranny?

Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

DaveM

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
are the manual ones sk7 j and the autos sk7 n

azz187

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Integra sir

are the manual ones sk7 j and the autos sk7 n

What is yours stamped with bud?

DaveM

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
sk7 j dont worry I havent forgotten your strips I have em just up the walls at the minute

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member

I do think the auto's are the same (i parted one out once and i have an sk7 in my car that came from a manual) It needs to be the female halfshaft... there are male ones that are very similar that you can not use for a swap if thats what u are trying to do

grimms mom

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

If the splines arrangements are different, just change the inner shaft to match. Should still work as a combination

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

azz187

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Integra sir

sk7 j dont worry I havent forgotten your strips I have em just up the walls at the minute

Yeah no worries buddy no rush really just as long as your still ok to send them , just pm me your PayPal and what I owe you and I'll get it sent off to you.

As for the half shaft mine is stamped sk7 j too I test fitted it and I'm 98% sure I won't have any problems but if I get it in before you and I run in to anything I'll let you know , I'm picking up a fuel system at last the weekend so I can get started on my build