Where To Buy Engines?

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

hamada

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 HF CRX
The forum is up... the forum is down. I don't know what's going on anymore? To the question:

I know the forum FAQs has a list of some online dealers to buy from (Idon't have a credit card), but if I where to look for places around St. Louis to get a 88-89 D16A1? What would I be looking for?

I was thinking maybe the local junk yards but I wasn't sure if that would be a good idea or not? What would I be looking for in a engine seller. How the heck would I find one?

I know these may be a really dumb questions, but I've honestly never shopped for a car engine before. I really appreciate any help you could give.
86 HF CRX
Please god help me...

SlowRexer

• JDM CRX (Junkyard Domestic Model)
  • PipPip
I've seen plenty of dirt cheap d16a1's on www.g1teg.org, they let perfectly good motors go for next to nothing after ZC swaps.
Who's this torque guy I keep hearing about?

hamada

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 HF CRX
My one prob is I don't have a credit card. Needless to say I don't like having them because they lead to over spending. Is there any generic kind of place I could find an engine? like a junk yard, some sort of of chain I'm unaware of?

If anyone is in St. Louis area, they might be able to help me more. Since it is a rather broad question. Thankyou for all your help.
86 HF CRX
Please god help me...

crxmobber

• Mobbin Clean
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 85 CRX Si, 98 prelude, 5th Gen VFR, WRX
    • Image Gallery
get a atm card with a visa logo (debit card). learn how to control your spending.

SportInjectedClub

4dr

• SOHC Honda Cowboy!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 crx Si, 1994 civic Dixxer 4dr, 1986 dixxer CRX(RIP)
    • Image Gallery
get a atm card with a visa logo (debit card). learn how to control your spending.

thats your best bet....

S.C.A.R

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 86 CRX si
I'm from Alton and i go to St. Louis for all my parts I'd suggest SPEEDWAY because they always have something good or look in the sunday paper I sell the Post and i've seen turbo's, engines, etc. on the sunday edition just thought i say.