Intake Manifold Adapters For Ba Dn D Series..where To Get Them?

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

kjeffery

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Crx SI, 06 Ford Focus, 08 Ford E-150
Just wondering where i can get a adapter for b or modern d series for our ew engines. i got a buddy that has both differant series intake manifolds and i would like to do away with the dual butterfly throttle body. would i see any power in doing this?
I paint my hood black for that carbon fiber look!!

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
As far as I know there isn't a kit for the EW motor to adapt a b or d series manifold but u can change the throttle body though I've seen a kit for that.

user posted image

kjeffery

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (projEKtjokes @ Oct 4 2009, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I know there isn't a kit for the EW motor to adapt a b or d series manifold but u can change the throttle body though I've seen a kit for that.

any idea where?

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
There has also been some success with making certain modern D manifolds fit with some modification to certain bosses and possibly the water jacket
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Yea i remember somebody modifyed the mounting holes on a 88-00 D-series intake to physicaly fit on the EW head, idk if he ever made it work but i know it fit.
Posted Image

kjeffery

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Oct 4 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea i remember somebody modifyed the mounting holes on a 88-00 D-series intake to physicaly fit on the EW head, idk if he ever made it work but i know it fit.

and the ports line up right?

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Like i said, i dont remember if he ever made it work, just that he slotted the bolt holes, and it would bolt to the EW head. Its a post on this board, i dont remember what it was titled tho.
Posted Image

crazy87rexsi

• A big hairy american winning machine
  • PipPip
    • Drives: To much for you pal, Ferrari...lol.......B16 1G, stock as a mofo!! ;)
    Garage View Garage
scott has a TB adapter plate to fit a single butterfly TB. I think RC engineering makes it, buts thats all a dream now dry.gif
have to find a used one

There is another thread on here(1G section i think..d15 head work maybe), the intake flows fine its just the TB that kills airflow. The most you would want to do to the intake is port match it to the head and get a single butterfly TB(if its mainly stock).

Dont forget a better cam thats really all you need.

Edited by crazy87rexsi, 05 October 2009 - 12:31 PM.

Josh

-part of the exclusive side license plate club

qouted from CarNutCertifies
Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear

Pics of Build

Build Thread

kjeffery

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (crazy87rexsi @ Oct 5 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
scott has a TB adapter plate to fit a single butterfly TB. I think RC engineering makes it, buts thats all a dream now dry.gif
have to find a used one

There is another thread on here(1G section i think..d15 head work maybe), the intake flows fine its just the TB that kills airflow. The most you would want to do to the intake is port match it to the head and get a single butterfly TB(if its mainly stock).

Dont forget a better cam thats really all you need.

thought scotts was a all out full throttle body not adapter.... thought i read some one around here made adapters for single butterfly tb's

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
i think there was a guy who made those, but i havent seen it in a long long time. plus a simple bolt on adapter will not gain you much as the factory intake manifold has the same two small holes as the TB. i ported my TB, as well as the rubber adapter and the intake manifold, i took out the piece that is between the two holes of the TB, and knife edged the backside of the TB between the two butterflies.

i know of one person who has their throttle body adapter welded to their intake. i believe they have removed the two hole part of the manifold entirely.

scott does have a single plate TB and adapter.

right now i am playing with the idea of using another honda two part intake manifold to replace the upper section. i just picked up an accord IM for free and will be taking them apart soon to check things out. if anyone has a lower intake mani they arent using, it would be nice to have for mockup. im not taking mine apart!!!

kjeffery- its been said porting the stock TB doesnt improve power... but i find it a tad hard to believe that the stock TB doesnt offer a good bit of restriction. hopefully i can make an adapter to make this other manifold piece fit (as it could also cure EACV issues) but somehow i think its not going to fit under the hood. also could hinder the use of upper strut bars.
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Sawchuck put a bigger manifold onhis car and saw no power gain from it. Unless something has changed I don't think this is worth the effort. The EW won't support the volume of such a big manifold.

Vicious

gtpilot makes a b-series adapter for the B series TB if that's what you're asking about. I've pm'd him about one awhile ago but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. maybe someone can get in touch with him and let him know i want one cool.gif

http://www.users.qwe...e1019/page6.htm

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Oct 8 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sawchuck put a bigger manifold onhis car and saw no power gain from it. Unless something has changed I don't think this is worth the effort. The EW won't support the volume of such a big manifold.

i have heard of gains from a single plate TB over the dual, but i havent heard findings of replacing the entire manifold. i want more info on the guy who put the whole d series IM on, if he got it running.

Vicious

QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Oct 4 2009, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Madkore @ Oct 6 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Note the added water passage on the left.

Intake manifiold from a 1993 Civic Si modified to fit an EW engine.
Much larger throttle body and plenum.
The only problem is you have to try to port match because EW intake ports are vertical ovals, not horizontal ovals.

Bought off eBay from a guy who had it on his EW engine.

At least this might pass the visual inspection for smog.

MK

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

kaymo

• PipPipPipPipPip
yeah i want to know if this thing was ever run or what.