Shine Up!

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
Alright, I'm a little PO'd here. I wash my car 3-5 times a week, last week; I waxed my CRX with "Turtle Wax Platinum" using the mechanical waxer I used before. I clean my car with Miguires *light* car wash (pink) and a soft brush. I wash the car down WAY thoughly before even touching it with a brush, but, today, something really pissed me off.

I waxed the car last week... the water DID NOT BEAD UP today, WTF!? Wax again already? I try to wax my car 2-4 times a year, once a week isn’t going to cut it. Is the new wax I tried just a shit product, am I doing something wrong?

What all do you guys use? Got something to say here? Is there a wax and polish that can be applied with a mechanical polisher that will stand up for a while?

For reference, this car is not garaged, don’t have a garage, sorry!

Edited by Xipher, 08 June 2006 - 12:32 AM.

Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I use Zymol liquid wax and spray detailer on my 3G and DSM and it works great. I've never had good experiences with Turtle Wax products, so maybe the wax you used is the problem. Try applying the wax by hand instead of with a machine. I've always waxed my cars by hand and the results have been good so far. Also, I think washing your car several times a week may cause the coat of wax to not last as long.

DSMTimeline.jpg

Kanyooheermi

• 50C0J1M
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87CRX Dx
i agree.. try um.. a Hand job, when u wash are u scrubbing good?.. also mayb youer soap is washing the wax off.
also.. window washing fluid washes wax off too most guys i know that have detailed b4 Only put *Water in the resivour, Xcept freezing conditions.

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
http://www.team-inte...p?ArticleID=288

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

Noodle

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 89 Honda Accord Dx, 86 Civic Si (stolen)
    • Image Gallery
ive always used nu-shine or is it nu-finish i dont know the stuff in the orange bottle most likely not the best but it work, i mainly buy it cuz the bottle is orange biggrin.gif
user posted imageuser posted image
---Kile

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
Alright... Update time, went with Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow Wax (26!)

Went on *really* easy in comparison, didn’t seem to leave any crud behind... surface feels a lot more durable, less "gloss like" to the touch... just, durable wink.gif

Looks good, easy to apply... Now to see if it LASTS... (and doesn’t attract dust like that other OILY one... )
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
try zymol.....bluish color might be a lil pricey but it works good smile.gif

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
if im going all out (once every 6 months), i wash the car with Dawn dish soap and a sponge, use some concentraded simple green on the wheels, then i clay bar the whole car, then dry it off realy nice, then start in with the Stage 1 Meguires Cleaner Wax, then go to Stage 2 Meguires Pollish Wax, then i use Mequires Scratch-X on the scraches and try to buff them out as best as possible, then i go over the whole car with 2 coats of Meguires NXT Tech Wax, then hit all the rubber and vinyl exterior pieces with Meguires NXT Tech Protectant(doesnt dry out like armoral), then hit the glass with Eagle 20/20, and the tires with Meguires High Gloss Purple tire shine

if your going for a car show, after all that re-wax the car with a nice carnuba wax, give it some nice depth with the layered wax's

inbetween thoes 6 months ill wash it with a sponge if its realy dirty and car wash soap, and then dry and use Meguires NXT Spray Wax, if its not realy dirty ill just spray soap it, rince it, dry it and use Meguires NXT Spray wax

out of everything me and my friend have used, nothing IMO beats Meguires NXT for wax you can go into a store and buy, theres other stuff that is better but its only avialbe on the internet and is $$$$, theres some zymol thats lifetime refilible but its $2500 for a 15oz jar and you mail it back to them to refill it, its bad ass tho you take it out, melt it in your hand then put it on the car

but paying 3 times the amount for wax i spent on my car isnt a good deal IMO maybe when i own a car with imaculate paint
Posted Image

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
to tell you the truth from a detailers point of veiw.. THE absolute best wax on the market is RACE GLAZE its expensive but its worth it.. It is used by the best bodyshops around here for after colorsand polish.. it will take out 800 grit scratches with ease..

Edited by etmydst, 03 July 2006 - 12:40 AM.