1984 Us Spec Crx Si?

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si. 1959 Willys FC 150
I have a 1984 US spec CRX Si. Ive always been told the Si came to the US in 1985. Every time Ive ordered parts they only have the build year starting in 1985. Do I have my information on the import date wrong or do I have something strange? Any help Id appreciate it! Im a newbie on first Gen CRXs!

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
Build date is Spring 1984. It is a real Si not converted.

CSPCRX

SI was a mid year addition in spring of 1985 .  DX and HF were all that were available fall of 1984 when the 1985 model year came out.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
So mine is a confirmed Spring 1984 built left hand drive Si. What does that make it a prototype? Car built for the Motor Show events?

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
I have confirmed from a friend who worked at Honda PR at the time that 3 cars were built pre-production for that years Motor show Circuit before the mid year release. One red, one white and one black. Mines black. Could I have one of these pre-production US spec cars?

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
I Believe the white car was the one that was sent to Comptech then Mugen was called in to sort the problems with the engine and to get the handling dialed in. It became the famous Mugen/Comptech race CRX Si.

CSPCRX

Well holy grail of CRXs!  That is amazing!

Please share more on the back story of the car, as far as you know about it.  How long have you owned it any idea on prior owners?  Did one work for Honda?

Also post some photos please!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
All I know of the back story it was found abandoned in a field in Virginia. The person I bought it from got a title for it and was using it as a parts car! He took the seats and rear wing and sold me the rest. I thought something was fishy from the build date and have been trying to confirm Whether it is just a super early built production car or a pre-production or prototype car. I was hoping someone on here would know more.

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
Ive owned it for 5 years now slowly restoring it back to stock. Ive basically been collecting parts as they are so freaking hard to find!

Crazydc5

• Granny
  • Pip
Its currently in dry storage at the moment so unfortunately I dont have any pictures. Its fairly rust free with just minor rear arch rust, a tiny hole in the floor from a bottom out dent and A pillar rust from an improperly sealed windshield. It needs a new windshield, seats, wing and rear wiper motor. The engine runs but the fuel pump just died. It was idling high so Im thinking the intake air idle thingy is clogged. The exhaust is toast so looking for a NOS one. It came with 13 Mugen wheels on it which are in great condition. Another reason I think it may be something special. I need to source all the body and window rubber before I pull the drivetrain and restore it. Thats been just about impossible! Possibly will get it made.

CSPCRX

​sounds like a unique part of Honda history.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily