85 Hf Fuel Tank Assembly- Crossover To 87 Dx?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

DaraSue

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX DX

My 87 CRX fuel tank has some pretty bad rust. I found a decent fuel tank assembly but it's off an 85 HF. HondaPartsNow says the tank and pipe/meter/strainer units don't fit the 87 DX, but they look nearly identical. Are they actually not compatible or is it just saying that because they're different part numbers?

CSPCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: B Powered 86 CRX SI, 2012 Audi S4, 07 Harley FXST Softail
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Tanks from carbureted cars should be the same.  the strapping points are all under there for either FI or carbed cars. The pickups are on these types.  You could swap the pickup from your tank to the new one if it looks different so it attaches right up.

Victor
86 B-Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack
07 Harley FXST Softail
12 Audi S4

DaraSue

• Granny
  • Pip

Tanks from carbureted cars should be the same.  the strapping points are all under there for either FI or carbed cars. The pickups are on these types.  You could swap the pickup from your tank to the new one if it looks different so it attaches right up.

Cool, thanks! Do I actually need the $100 Honda sender wrench to get the various units in and out or is it possible to do it with normal tools?

CSPCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: B Powered 86 CRX SI, 2012 Audi S4, 07 Harley FXST Softail
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

All the ones I have ever removed came out with a small hammer and big flathead.  Tapped it around until it came off.

Victor
86 B-Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack
07 Harley FXST Softail
12 Audi S4

DaraSue

• Granny
  • Pip

All the ones I have ever removed came out with a small hammer and big flathead.  Tapped it around until it came off.

All right, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!