Fuel Filter?

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1989 CR-X Ef8 RHD , 1993 CR-X DEL SOL EG2 RHD
where is the secondary fuel filter located i nkow th primary is by the gas tank??? please help! cool.gif

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
i circled it in blue thats it

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
That is not a secondary filter ! Thats a one way check valve there is one filter (gold thing) by the carb and another fuel filter back under the drivers side of the car (by the fuel tank) it is plastic and usually under a cover.

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
whaaaaat i think it was crxdan that told me that was a filter damn

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (Doodson @ Oct 15 2006, 05:22 PM)
That is not a secondary filter ! Thats a one way check valve there is one filter (gold thing) by the carb and another fuel filter back under the drivers side of the car (by the fuel tank) it is plastic and usually under a cover.

can you update where the one is in the engine bay i changed the one by the fuel tank! please!

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
>
Follow the fuel line, past the pump, another 8 inches to the gold/brass fitting that is 3 inches long. Right below the vac diaphram. Right above the center of the valve cover. Thats it.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 15 2006, 10:28 PM)

QUOTE (Doodson @ Oct 15 2006, 05:22 PM)

>? read the rest of the post please, im so lost!

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The one everyone is trying to find in the engine bay looks like this

The one by the fuel tank in front of the drivers side wheel well looks like this

I would show you on my car, but with the discussion going the way it has, I am afraid you would start a fight about the fact that I was showing you pics of a sedan instead of a crx.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 15 2006, 10:35 PM)
The one everyone is trying to find in the engine bay looks like this

The one by the fuel tank in front of the drivers side wheel well looks like this

I would show you on my car, but with the discussion going the way it has, I am afraid you would start a fight about the fact that I was showing you pics of a sedan instead of a crx.

how would i start a fight man, im here to find out where ti goes and the clear one u got is the on in the rear i replaced that one today..... but im stumped on finding the one in the engine bay! wink.gif

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Look at this picture, Now look at the fuel line in the following picture, follow the fuel line from the pump, around toward the carb, look for the gold/brass item that is similar to it. It will be about the same size.

Ignore the blue circle.
It has been said that canadian cars don't have them. I don't know, I have the USDM engine and apparently the fuel set up.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 15 2006, 10:43 PM)

Look at this picture, Now look at the fuel line in the following picture, follow the fuel line from the pump, around toward the carb, look for the gold/brass item that is similar to it.  It will be about the same size.

Ignore the blue circle.
It has been said that canadian cars don't have them.  I don't know, I have the USDM engine and apparently the fuel set up.

ok we got a problem the one circled in blue i got but the brass one i dont have?
!!!?!?!?!? wink.gif ph34r.gif ohmy.gif

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I believe 3gencivic has stated that the CDN ones didn't come with them. I will have to check to be certain. But with the other makes of honda, it wouldn't suprize me that these year models were the only ones with 2 filters. And in canada, you guys are lucky and only got one.

crxboi

• Got Rice?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 15 2006, 11:01 PM)
I believe 3gencivic has stated that the CDN ones didn't come with them.  I will have to check to be certain.  But with the other makes of honda, it wouldn't suprize me that these year models were the only ones with 2 filters.  And in canada, you guys are lucky and only got one.

well when i called part source to ask if they had any in they told me i had 2.... so i opend the haynes manuel and it says that there is one adjacent to the gas tank which is the primary filter, i switched that one out... and it also says there is one in the engine bay but doesnt show pictures to where it was.... im so totaly lost...

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
not all dx crxs have a fuel filter up front smile.gif mine never did and you dont really need one all you have to do is follow the fuel line from the fuel pump like other have said there is only one laugh.gif but if you want put one in its no biggie

peace mitch wink.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have never seen a Canadian car that had the one in the engine bay that was STOCK but I have added some to my cars because the tanks are getting old and rust is starting to be an issue