Mitsubishi Motor?

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

sleepycivic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 civic 4 door
ok so i can get the whole car for 200 bucks the motor is good just need new oilpan seal and a new distributor. the guy selling it got in a wreck and and it messed the car up(he only paid 200 for it and to repair it would be more so he was going to junk it.) the battery got pushed into the dizzy and broke the plug conectors off everything is fine except the radiator which i dont care haha. but i think it a pretty decent deal cause ill be able to get the motor ecu motor mounts transmission axels ect... its a 95 mirage LS and dont flame me!!! but i was thinkin about gettin it to swap into my civic. the engine code is 4G93 yeah yeah ''but its not ganna be a true honda dur da durpity derrr :PPPP'' (some people are purists) it'll do till i can get a good motor its got a decent amount of hp for what imlooking for right now(until i can get a better motor preferable an acura motor to build and turbo hehe :D ) only thing keepin me from gettin it RIGHT NOW is i got to get an engine crane or find a forklift haha i think one of my old friends has one but id have to check to see if he still has it. i bought the rims off this mirage im thinkin of gettin and they look great!! love the rims they aint lows but there still nice! need to find some honda logos to go in the centers(my have to get something custom not to worried i popped the mitsubishi logos out of them so it would be weird haha) http://s1292.beta.ph...e64846.jpg.html
sorry officer I didnt know that was the high way number, I thought it was the speed limit!

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Wack.

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

bigboi407

• Anti-Government Official
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
:huh:

I will say this, its odd and im sure alot of people wont agree with it, But, it CAN be done, it probably wont be favored, but its possible, your gonna have to measure alot and probably weld mounts in new places, i dont know because i dont have a mirage in front of me, if u were to attempt it, the project would take some time to complete...
1984-1987 HONDA CIVIC CRX PARTS FOR SALE 1/25/12

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
what did I just read?
no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
^^^....lmfaooo

bro go bseries...i would bet its gona be cheaper n better
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"

Harvey886

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 1500 S
Hey dude my last car was a lancer it had a 4g94 engine which is a larger displacement than the 4g93 and it was still slow after putting a racing clutch and intake and exhaust. do yourself a huge favor and dont put a SOHC mitsubishi engine in your car. the only good thing that will come out of it is that your car will be slow but extremely reliable. Go DOHC VTEC instead.

"The shortest distance between two points is not necessarily a straight line. It all depends on how fast you are going compared to the other person." See... I paid attention in geometry.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
your car wont go faster with a "racing clutch" lol
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

Harvey886

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Why not? it is interesting that you say this.

"The shortest distance between two points is not necessarily a straight line. It all depends on how fast you are going compared to the other person." See... I paid attention in geometry.

Harvey886

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
so basically what your saying is that a car with a stock clutch and and no turbo would be just as fast as the same car with a stock clutch and turbo? and that when you upgrade a cars performance there is no need to upgrade a cars clutch?

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
What he is saying is that a racing clutch wont make a car faster by itself. Its only to help control the power between the motor and trans. If I had a stock motor and threw a racing clutch on, it would make a stock engine and car, harder to drive haha

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

eec4tuner

• I hunt pineapples...
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 88crx si (B16A1swap) 85crx si (D16a1swap) 90 ford mustang coupe (347 stroker 6 speed) 2000 Honda RC51 (full Ohlins suspension,MoriwakiExh.)
You only need 2 things to make it happen.....Time an Money....LOL!

Living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member

it was still slow after putting a racing clutch and intake and exhaust.

I'm sorry, but what part of that is supposed to make your car faster? Sure, MAYBE you gained as much as 10HP from the intake and exhaust... but it's no reason to fit a racing clutch...