Thinking About Starting A Company To Make Custom 1g Crx Parts.

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

Fireman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRXsi, 1978 F150, and 1989 Ranger
Okay, so the title pretty much says it all. I am looking to start a new company building custom parts for cars. I will be starting out with 1g CRX parts, since I already have the test car, and will possibly expand it later. Please let me know what you think, and whether or not you think it has potential.

Fireman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Okay, I understand where you are coming from. However, after viewing you site, I see no real conflict of interest. The parts I already plan to make, are things you dont offer. My ideas, are geared more toward the performance and racing. Things like custom headers, air intakes, full exhaust, custom fenders and widebody kits. I know that you have the bushing and shifters, but I do not see any of what i plan to produce on you site. Thanks for the input though. By the way, it may just be me but 10k is not a large investment over 8 years. Sorry if you take offense, I am not trying to be rude.

Edited by Fireman, 04 August 2012 - 03:00 AM.

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
It's just one car that I've invested in, by myself for about maybe 100 different customers, that's quite a bit of money actually. Lots of my parts are racing oriented, including phbs, bearing conversion kits, braces and a bunch more items on the way. Houseman makes a widebody kit already just for a heads up. No one really wants a header for the stock motor because people are moving onto b series and d series motors. I already tried that lol. I've also tried the full exhaust thing, no dice. Everything I don't offer heeltoe offers.

I've been not only a seller but a owner and enthusiast of these cars for a long time. That's how I got my foot hold in this community, not by just randomly coming onto a website and testing waters to see how much money you can squeeze out of my family.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I think the more company's making gear for the 1g the better! It will make prices more competitive for consumers and the products quality will increase along with options! I say awesome and build away.

Mark L

That's my turf sorry.

Your kidding right?

Does that mean you get a cut from the camber plates I bought from David? What about my RPR shiftknob?
1989 Integra RS
1991 Civic RT4WD
1994 Integra
icerace.com

Fireman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well, this is not about making money. My priority is just to cover costs of materials and have fun. I have grown up around racing, and have been primarily into big V8 muscle cars for years. I have had my crx, for about 5 years, and have just been using it for a run around beater due to gas prices. But when I started looking around for custom parts to rebuild it, I realized that it would be cheaper and and funner to just make them myself. I was just testin th waters to see if people would be interested in the parts. I already have a well paying job, this is just a hobby. I am not trying to squeeze money out of anyone, i dont need it. Thanks for the ecouragement Aren.

Vicious

I'm sorry chedda I really do take offense to that comment about RPR being your turf. You make good products and I applaud you for what you do for the community but please don't say RPR is your turf. By saying that you make it seem like we all rely on you for parts and that you're the community's saving grace and that people like Marcus and David are doing something wrong because they support the community as well. You make good products but pleas don't shut down others attempting to support us with competing products or services.

As for the new guy there will always be an interest in parts. Make some prototypes and the market will generate itself. Be forewarned that we're a niche group of enthusiasts so you won't make a million bucks. If you're making quality pieces
You migh not make profit and end up like niche motorsports. Or you can be like heel toe and make bank.

If you want to make profit do what the community needs repop stuff to keep the cars goin.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Fireman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I am by no means trying to run people out of business. I also have a job that pays very well, and building parts is my hobby. I figured that since I will already be building the prototypes for use on my car, I would see if others might be interested in them. If you think I am out to be a rip off artist, and sell inferior products, then you are wrong, I plan to sell a good product at a reasonable price that covers the costs of production. I have been making custom parts for my cars, as well as the cars of other enthusiast for a few years now and I enjoy it. If anybody takes offenze to this, I am sorry.

masterpenguin

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
I would build them if you want Fireman. Who ever makes the best product will have the customer base. I don't think anyone is trying to undermine you Chedda or trying and steal your customers. Just some more support for the parts for these cars which I think is always needed. And I don't think it is proper to try and guilt our opinions, the products are greatly appreciated but no one forces you to make them.

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
As a consumer its always nice to have other options.

Smokescreem

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX SI ,2004 CRV EX, 1968 VW BUG, 1955 Porsche Speedster replica
    Garage View Garage
For a person like myself that is always looking for parts or upgrades. The more the better. But with that said. I have bought a few things from chedda_ and have and still am very pleased with everything.Shipment, and fellow up. To me he is one of the best of the best. I think I can speak for many that feel the same way I do about him. Maybe fireman can take on parts that you have not. Maybe some metal fenders for starters. To me he sounds like a stand up guy and a man of word. Just my feel for the post..

Fireman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
You are right about the fenders, the fender that I plane to build for my personal rex, will actually replace those turn signals also. I am thinking about using three orange led lights that I will recess into the fender for a smooth look. It may take a little while to get them perfect, but it should look cool. I also plan to make a hetal header panel to match since mine is gone. I plan to start this project as soon as I finish my show truck rebuild in the next couple weeks.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
Throwing this out there............................. I would like to be able to buy traction bars someday!!!!!!!!!!!! Please anyone!!!! :P

Fireman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Are you talking about for the fron or the back?

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
For the front, there is a guy on FB that makes them. Reason why I haven't made them lol. Very simple.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719