Well, I Am Back, Not That I Really Left.

• You cannot reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hi all. Its been quite a few months since I last got on here, let alone had consistant internet access. I believe the last time I was on here was back in October(I think) anyways... Back in May, the wife and I separated, we completed the divorce on Dec. 16. Not a great year, but definatley one to reflect and build from. I got the house, most of the crap she didn't want, and I am currently waiting for her to move. I have had to file an eviction on her. SO, this is what i got, a nice 3 bedroom house 2 car garage on just under a quarter acre, in a nice community. I will have a couple of rooms for rent come mid-March (but thats another thread all together) I currently commute 80 miles one way to work and am looking into other employment opportunities, to off-set gas cost & my habit of unpopular Euro/Jap cars.

I was looking into (still am) starting my own axle rebuilding buisness. I am currently looking for a bearing supplier, as well as boot supplier. I know I can build them for less than I can buy them refurbished for. My dad and I were going to start it together, but his diabetes put him on disability (first partially, then full). In October, he was bitten by a spider (brown recluse) and it did a number on the bottom of his foot. We thought we had caught it in time, but due to the lack of circulation in his legs, by Nov 16th we took him to the hospital to find that the whiteblood cells weren't leaving his leg, and they were collecting causing his wound and blood system to become septic. He lost his lower leg (gas pedal) to diabetes Nov 19th. He was in the hospital for 2 weeks. Dec. 1st he was transferred to a Health care facility (Nursing Home). 3 days before Christmas, he fell, attempting to disrobe for a shower. This 6 inch fall busted the stiches/staples on his wound, back to the doctor again, to find that his recouperation was not going as well as the doctors had hoped... They put him on a wound therapy to aid circulation in his leg, and the tests after 3 sessions had returned sensation to his leg, as well as bloodflow.

Things are looking up, dad is looking forward to the prosthetic, I am looking forward to living in my house, with possibly a couple of reliable friends, I have an awesome girlfriend (my ex saw yesterday) and I have this community.

I miss you guys, and the conversations we have had, I still have the yamato, and jean. The armadillo was given away to solve an argument, then sold (why, I still don't have a clue on that) and I still have a bunch of crap over at Gimpalots that I have to get out of there before his wife makes him throw it all away. But all in all, things are looking up for me.

You guys take care. Would love to hang out and travel again. Look me up if you're in the area, you guys are always welcome, well, some of you are.

bp
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Feb 3 2012, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and I have this community.

always bra!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
hey there you are you wacky texan. i wondered what the hell happened to ya. glad to hear u are free from the ball n chain. remember, its never a good idea to involve the government in your personal relationships! good thing you got the house! sad to hear you giving away cars. you seemed to always give more than you got... make sure you dont get into those situations any more! you arent responsible for someone else's car once it leaves your driveway!!

good to see ya back here. next time you leave make sure and grant me moderator powers so i can take care of things while ur gone haha

QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

gustav129

• At a racetrack near me....
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1981 CP Mustang, 1987 Civic Si - R.I.P., 1974 IH Scout II
    Garage View Garage
In the same boat, on and off. It's great to hear from you.
Posted Image
Under steer is when you hit the wall with your front end.
Over steer is when you hit the wall with your rear end.
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you move the wall.
RGL Motorsports #129

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Jason,

Figured by the level of intoxication at last years meet that something was up. Glad you head is screwed on straight and you're on a great track!!!

But sorry to hear about all your life changes. Hope the kids are doing fine,.... And your father as well.

So that means we can store all of our CRX stuff at your place????

Keep in touch!!!!!

D
Keepin' it OEM

chedda_j

• Lives to modify
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic 2.2L LSD, Acura TL Aspec
    Garage View Garage
Missed ya dude.

10395168_748294558578686_901304337744719

86hamstersi

• Get a job loser
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 yamaha qt50, 2007 civic si sedan(wife's)
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Feb 3 2012, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The armadillo was given away to solve an argument, then sold (why, I still don't have a clue on that).

you guys are always welcome, well, some of you are.

bp

Both of these are for me. Either way sorry on the rest of the issues.
A grown up living with their parents is a loser.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
Hope everything continues to get better for you. When life kicks you in the balls, you have to get back up to spit in it's face. Best wishes.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Greasemonkey... LOL, you slay me. Only if you supply the materials to build an adequate facility. LOL. No kids involved, but Gimpalots kids are getting big. The only ones involved on my end are the 4 legged variety.

Hamster, no, none of that was directed at you.

Gustav, Hey man, long time.

FDude, I need to remember that.

The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

lucky03602

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 95 jeep wrangler.
    Garage View Garage
although i dont know you at all, i went thru a bad breakup feb of '11 with a kid involved so i know what you mean. glad your back and stuff is getting better for you!!! keep ya head up man and keep truck'n!
got my rex back home 1-23-12!!

1986 crx si 5spd victoria red 146k origional miles.

*updated weekly*

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
Don't really know you but I keep seeing this post so just so I can throw this out there, sorry that you and your wife couldn't work things out man. Divorce is never a great thing and there is something about the promise given, the intimacy, and the weaving of two lives together that causes such bitter feelings. I, myself, would rather loose a limb than go through a break up. A break up like that has a lot of time, emotions, and memories invested and in most cases not all the memories are bad, just the last years. Fact is when two people separate they have each lost a part of themselves, I think that is something to do with "and the two shall become one". Two people that complete each other and when I picture that I picture the Ying and Yang symbol, where one ends the other begins. Some marriages are never healthy from the begining, so with that said, some people may be better off divorced if they have never had a healthy relationship from the start. My Uncle was a classic example of this, fell in love way too young, she was beautiful, but she turned out to be a really horrible person on the inside. Then he met my aunt and they seemed to have great marriage. Do realize that that instance does not characterize most 2nd marriages and that the statistics out there now say that people in their second marriage are twice as likely to get divorced than in their first marriage. It seems that this trend continues till about the fourth marriage and then somehow they either get it right or give up cause they don't want to be lonely the rest of their lives. Marriage success is determined and defined in the individual by part of what society says: a relationship should be perfect and if two people were meant to be there would never be any fighting (a straight up lie), side note: dealing with conflict in a healthy manner actually builds a relationship, partly from your role models, and partly how much time you spent together before you got married. The last part, how much time you spent together is important, did you know that when someone is in love your brain gives off about 12 different chemicals in the brain? One of these is dopamine, a chemical frequently tied in with addiction? What these chemicals do do is they set a healthy pattern: wanting to do stuff for each other. These chemicals typically die off around 18 months but usually the pattern ceases to continue, and people quit doing stuff for each other. Thats all before you throw intimacy in there. Once you throw that in there its a whole nother ball of wax. And if you continue to do that repeatedly you will actually rewire your brain to that pattern according to Hooked by by M.D. Joe S. McIlhaney Jr MD, M.D. Freda McKissic McKissic Bush MD. I think they use the example of reusing duct tape over and over: it is no longer able to bond. Some marriages fail because their parent's marriages failed, or at least their marriage is very unhealthy and the children bring that into their relationship with their spouse. I am a perfect example of this. My father was both physically and emotionally abusive. When he left, he packed up his suitcase and left out the door on his birthday while us kids were waiting for him at the table with the birthday cake my mother had made. After the divorce he was ordered to pay child support and because he owned a laundrymat he would pay it in change in which my mother would have to take it to the bank like that. I carry no respect for him at all. My wife and I have to go to lots of marriage seminars and groups because it takes lots of work. Although I really love my wife, we don't believe the feeling of love determines our marriage. We believe it's a choice and commitment and out of that we build our love for each other. The two things that stick out right now from counseling are that relationships are fluid, your either moving closer together or farther apart and if you both give 100% to the relationship you end up with a 100% relationship (I realize the math is off there), however, if you both give 50% then as soon as you think your doing more that her or vice versa then you'll both pull back and no longer have a 100% marriage, and you will be moving apart. I decided to write this and share because many people just don't know, and had we not gone to seminars, counseling, ect we would be divorced too. I am glad you don't have kids man, as a kid going through a divorce it was pretty tough time. It makes life rough, confusing, and complicated, but in the case of my parents there was all kinds of abuse going on, so as an adult I am glad it happened. I will say that I have been married coming up on seven years now, and I really love being married! I picture my wife and I rocking our rocking chairs on a porch about 80 yrs old when some young kid drives by and sees my 3G sitting in the barn and wants to restore it! laugh.gif Anyway, sorry for your loss, glad your got your stuff, glad your back on the site (you've cracked me up with many of your past posts!), and hope you find what I have found.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
blink.gif

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
QUOTE (badpenny @ Feb 14 2012, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif

I know, I know!, probably too much info, wasn't all meant for you, others will read this post and hopefully glean some info that might be useful for their lives. The point is not all marriages are good, not all divorce is bad, the key to everything is a healthy relationship. I don't know you but most marriages ends because it becomes unhealthy, which is kinda the way it sounded above. If you want something to last forever, even if it is a 1G/3G, it takes lots of work and maintenance! Thought I would say my piece cause you just don't hear from the happily married people these days, it is almost never talked about. How many people do you hear about that are married for all their lives these days? I am totally willing to say these things because even if someone reads it and just even takes a second look at their marriage it makes all the difference it the world, even if I have to take some heat. Although this marriage didn't work out, if and when you decided to get married again I hope it does work out. I know several people that are on their second marriage and are doing everything right cause they worked through the issues. I hope one day you find that. If anyone is interested I'd be willing to talk. Sorry to be on such a serious note, but hope things work out in the new relationship and that you find a closer job.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thanks. I have a couple of interviews set up for later this week. One pays nearly 3 times what I make now. But both of them are definatley closer to the house.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Good luck and keep us posted.

I'll have to supply all metal materials to keep it from burning.....

D
Keepin' it OEM