45 replies to this topic

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Oct 27 2003, 12:02 PM)
fedex busted my METAL ZC hood for my 2nd gen.. like big dents and scratches. i've never had a problem with UPS.

sometimes i want to destroy the shipping companies... lets get the workers to strike so we dont have to ship through shitty companys.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (AudioCra-Z @ Oct 25 2003, 04:10 PM)
If you put in two hood pins/locks, the hood is damn sturdy. I have cruised with my hood at 80+mph, and have had no problems at all... I am still trying to figure out the "lifted drivers side corner" problem I am having, but I may just flat out get rid of the hinges, and go with four hood locks. Other than that, I LOVE MY DAMN HOOD!!! IT IS FLAT OUT SEXY FOR THE REXY!!!!

how stable are they at over 80 mph? down here around dc and baltimore i might as well be on the audobaun laugh.gif ....but seriously i remeber a while back mr d saying something about rigging some support under the "header panel" extended piece....id like to know what to expect because i really need a header panel bad, but for the rex the cost like 140 new.........so im just going to save up and buy the carbon fiber jammy jam. would most likely be better in the long run anyways...........
SportInjectedClub

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
hey marcus a little recommedation for the boxes. go to a honda dealer and ask for some old windshield boxes. they just started packaging it with wood supports and foam cushioning. PERFECT SIZE FOR THE HOODS! i got my windshield shipped in from ohio. when the truck pulled up the hood was laid FLAT with some crap on top of it!!! if it was the old packaging of slotted cardboard my glass would have surely been dust but this thing really took a lickin!
-Roger

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
i like my UPS guy. he's been keeping track of all my mods over the past couple years. whenever i see him he asks me how my ride is, and then talks about how it used to beon jack stands more than it was on wheels. good times.
i'll take mine ups....just get good boxes.

is it just 50$ for shipping? or is there more?
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

jag

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX (electric)
QUOTE (RexKrazy @ Oct 31 2003, 11:53 AM)
i like my UPS guy. he's been keeping track of all my mods over the past couple years. whenever i see him he asks me how my ride is, and then talks about how it used to beon jack stands more than it was on wheels. good times.
i'll take mine ups....just get good boxes.

is it just 50$ for shipping? or is there more?

My UPS guy is the same. He always chats with me about the latest parts that he's delivering. He's a nice guy...

-Jeremy

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
*to the tune of "shake that booty"*

ship ship ship, ship ship ship, ship my hoodie, ship my hoodie tonight!

rolleyes.gif

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
so uh, those boxes ready? e-mail me at [email protected] w/ shipping price (UPS) and i'll paypal you that and then some.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

jdmnic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2000 Xterra | 1987 Crx Si RIP
I want a hood, how much?
Nic

1987 CRX Si rip

2000 Xterra Xe

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
just wanted to refresh this thread before it fell of the first page of my list. i hate looking to the second page. and i check everyday....even though it would tell me if there was a new post
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

bling...bling....

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 isuzu pup lowered and pimped, AN 87 REXXX
    • Image Gallery
love the c/f hood!!! quick question does that replace the header panel and does it mount to the existing latches and everything else. HOW MUCH???
The lower i get.....The more she likes it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
QUOTE (bling...bling.... @ Nov 15 2003, 02:41 AM)
love the c/f hood!!! quick question does that replace the header panel and does it mount to the existing latches and everything else. HOW MUCH???

Answer 1: it replaces MOST of the front header, but not the bottom center piece. My buddy and I just cut off the piece we needed from the original, trimmed it down with a grinder (fine wheel), and it looks pretty good.

Answer 2: It mounts to the stock latch and hinges. The only problem is that the hood extends farther down that OEM originally expected, and wants to flex more. I put on two hood locks, and it pretty much solved 99% of that problem. The front wants to flex in a bit, but I am going to put in some rubber stoppers on the front mount piece to fix that problem.
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
have you guys had any problems with the hood hitting the top of a dohc valve cover?
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

jdmnic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2000 Xterra | 1987 Crx Si RIP
QUOTE (jdmnic @ Nov 10 2003, 07:42 AM)
I want a hood, how much?

... biggrin.gif
Nic

1987 CRX Si rip

2000 Xterra Xe

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
read up, we all paid 350 +shipping +bonusMarcusIsCoolMoney

it won't go down from there... if you can even find one or get in on the next run.
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Most likely they will ship airborn express......I have taken some advise from some folks that do this a lot more than I do.....I am going to take the hoods and have them packaged up for me, so as not to screw it up.

I guess it would be a good time to ante up for shipping money, as they will be leaving within a week or so.

$125 for the boxes, packaging, and shipping will cover everyone.

That means Jag, 87CRXSiR, and REXKRAZY need to pay for shipping.

Ghost One, COME PICK IT UP ALREADY!

boludo10, get your guy to pay me and you are off the hook.

NJMUGEN, I have to get your hood made...no mold exists for it yet, but it will not take long.

That's it.

Marcus