• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
WTB nos CRX quarter window mouldings , front window moulding and foam rear spoiler or can some one tell me where to find.I am restoring this and would like to have perfect parts to put back on after I get painted.
Thanks in advance
Jeff

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Bump #1

Sgt. Pepper

NOS 1/4 window moldings are gone - I got the last NOS set from Honda (sorry). The rear wing I have seen on ebay and I think someone on here had 1. Not sure about the windshield molding.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

You're welcome biggrin.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

87ClubRed

• Soon it'll scream...for now, just a hum...
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: '07 Mazda 3 GT / 87 CRX Si (Going under the knife)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 25 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NOS 1/4 window moldings are gone - I got the last NOS set from Honda (sorry).

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to the oem molding?

I just removed mine...in a way which cannot be replaced ph34r.gif

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
bump #2

DarkHand

This kind of stuff is going to be a big liability on a mass scale in the future, when it all starts deteriorating and no replacements are available. I myself need the lower window seal (the part that 'squeegees' the window when you roll it up or down) on both doors of my CRX.

I wonder what it would cost (or even who you'd go to) to have mouldings and weatherstripping made for a car.
DarkHand

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
NOS stuff is probably going to be it. People that bought it and never used it, or dealerships that find them covered in dust.
Why do you think there are huge swap meets for muscle cars and stuff? The parts are just going to keep getting rarer and rarer.
Im sure you could improvise, but as far as getting a custom part made it would be $$$.

87ClubRed

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (DarkHand @ Mar 27 2008, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This kind of stuff is going to be a big liability on a mass scale in the future, when it all starts deteriorating and no replacements are available. I myself need the outer window seal (the part that 'squeegees' the window when you roll it up or down) on both doors of my CRX.

I wonder what it would cost (or even who you'd go to) to have mouldings and weatherstripping made for a car.

I thought those were still available? I checked last year, and the cost was in the range of $75 per side.
As for the quarter glass trim .... i'm sure there's some genaric window trim that can be found. May not look 100%, but that trim does nothing to hold the window in at all.
All the ones i've seen in the wreckors are all cracked, or too brittle to remove.

DarkHand

QUOTE (87ClubRed @ Mar 27 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought those were still available? I checked last year, and the cost was in the range of $75 per side.

Really? Hmm... I'll have to check with Lil Buddy on those then. laugh.gif

If I had the oodles of cash, I'd definitely be willing to spend it on talks with parts manufacturers like Duralast, Niehoff and Beck Arnley to look into starting to make some of these rarer parts for wide sale. Heck, talk is free, I wonder what they'd say......
DarkHand

Sgt. Pepper

The door/window moldings can be found at junkyards and by the looks of them, can be restored. ImmortalSoul219 would, but he left them behind in the junkyard. Sorry buddy, just bustin'. I picked up a set either from ebay or here that were decent. If you are careful, they can be removed without making them worse. I'm thinking a can of rubberized paint would fix them right up.

The 1/4 moldings might be a bit tougher. They are hard to remove without wrecking them and if you find some in a junkyard, they are useless.

87ClubRed

• PipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 27 2008, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The door/window moldings can be found at junkyards and by the looks of them, can be restored. ImmortalSoul219 would, but he left them behind in the junkyard. Sorry buddy, just bustin'. I picked up a set either from ebay or here that were decent. If you are careful, they can be removed without making them worse. I'm thinking a can of rubberized paint would fix them right up.

The key with those is to find a set that isn't rusted at the front. From what I've found, that's where they are most likely to be rotton. I agree that some rubberized paint would do the trick, cause once they crack, it's bye bye...

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Bump #3

jjamiemmark

• Spit pop bang
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX,91 CRX SI
    Garage View Garage
PPG makes the side mouldings and you can use generic stuff for the windsheild...
05192012083.jpg

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Bump #4
PPG ???