• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I live in the heart of Los Angeles, a very typical suburban neighborhood in the middle of a large metropolitan area. We get the ususal mammals: cats, dogs and squirrels. Lately we have been invaded by raccoons who like to tear up the lawn looking for bugs and eat the fish out of my backyard pond. I have seen domesticated rabbits who have escaped their cage and once I saw a beautiful ring neck pheasant calmly feeding on my neighbor's front yard. And large flocks of squacking parrots often fly by.

But today takes the cake. Out on the sidewalk in front of my house, my son discovered a 3 foot long iguana strolling up the street. Not being an iguana qualified reptile wrangler, we elected to let him continue on his way. He disapeared into some bushes and currently we have a free range iguana in the neighborhood.

I am sure the Canadians on this board can tell tales of moose, carribou, coyotes and wolf in their neighborhood, so lets hear about the weird animals on your block.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Mar 9 2005, 06:31 PM)
I am sure the Canadians on this board can tell tales of moose, carribou, coyotes and wolf in their neighborhood, so lets hear about the weird animals on your block.

More typically its polar bears and arctic seals that meander by the igloo... laugh.gif

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
here in farm land its cows,deers,dog,cats, cats oh and more cats, dame cats always on the car making a mess of the paint.

civic87crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1.87 crx si,currently awaiting a zc...2. 97 toyota previa s/c, boosted DD.
I had one of those iguanas in my pool once, there huge!
87 crx si parts car: Lots of stuff for sale, pm me if you need something....

See My Vouch Thread

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
i had a opossum eating my neighbors trash. i scared it really bad pulling into my driveway in my rex and it ran crazy fast onto the first step of my porch. and it just stayed there for like 20 minutes. i have a picture. but it doesn't do the opossum justice as far as how big this thing was. i'll try to find that picture.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
I routinely see deer and wild turkeys near my house as well as the occasional coyote (Not kidding), oh and foxes. And I don't live out in the boonies I'm in the burbs. Just a lot of wildlife about around here I guess!
Must.....go......racing.......

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm in town but zoned for large animals, I have 1 horse, 3 dogs, 4 cats, 4 ducks, about 10-15 wild chickens, 20 Koi, 2 water turtles. In the house i have a Ferret, 2 salt water aquariums one with an eel. Wild outside are squrrels from the orange groves and a rather large hawk that snags the chickens up. AND LAST OF ALL my 3 1/2 year old daughter that makes a bigger mess then the animals. But is more then worth it. smile.gif
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 CRX
i dont let the cats out because of the coyotes and wolves, easily make easy grub for those fellas. the've been known to oppenly go into peoples back yards and kill jack russel sized dogs easily ohmy.gif almost every day on the way to work theres some deer crossing the road, i've been out picking berries and come across a brear (now i carry a thunderflash for safety). constantly skunks around here, big ravens, moose, bobcats. lots of wildlife here

Edited by vervepipes, 09 March 2005 - 09:50 PM.

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
The strangest creature I found wandering in my yard was 6 foot alligator. blink.gif

My brother saw it one night and he was gone by the time we got back out there. But I did see him a few more times going from one big lake behind us to another across the street. They leave an interesting trail in the grass if it's a little tall. tongue.gif

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
just outside vancouver BC we get racoons, squirrels, cayotes, deer, moles.. cats dogs.. umm..thats it
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
my sisters got a lotta moles
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

xthreetwosevenx

• broken camshaft
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic si
i live in downtown louisville and i've seen coyotes and turkeys in the park near my house.
user posted image
SportInjectedClub

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
well the weird animal in th neighbor hood are my cats they formed a posse
seriously i have 5 and 4 of them are in a gang the do weird crap like fight other cats in group and protect the kitten of the 4

but possum deer coyotes hawks

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
In the suburbs of Montreal we see the usual cats, dogs and squirrels. I grew up near a golf course & we would see rabbits too. The worst is skunks, they are cute as hell but only from a distance. tongue.gif
I have also seen Frogs, turtles, garter snakes, deer & even a few foxes and a porcupine in some bigger forested areas around here (ski hills, etc).
The most impressive thing I saw was a moth with wings the size of my hands, that was amazing.

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
I get the occasional owl here.. I have even seen one catch something in the dark.. It was a crazy silouete.. All I saw was the owl swoop down go near the ground and catch what I think was a mouse and the flew up to the telephone pole.. It sat there moved a bit then I heard the typical "hoo.. hooo" then it fleew away into the darkness..

I've also had opossums and hungry racoons roam in my back yard..
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image