yabloko's Content

There have been 2 items by yabloko (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#571867 Chassis Reinforcement?

Posted by yabloko on 12 February 2015 - 04:08 AM in 3G Civic

refer to the kakabox build index.

that thread if one of my inspiration sources )

bolt-ons are allowed but rear strut tower do not have top sprint *cup* so apart from shock rod sticking out of the bushings )

drilling chassis to get additional mounting points is not allowed (regulations are not that strict but I dont want to go slippery way and risk to be moved to upper class )))

front strut bar - definitely yes

x-bar bolted to upper front and rear lower safety belt mounts - yes

apart from suspension mounting points I plan to redo welds on door portals and side sills (used translator, is this the right name for the floor element at both sides of a car? you know it rusts often ))))

car seems to be a little weak as when I jack it up a tight door latch begins to drag (

#571757 Chassis Reinforcement?

Posted by yabloko on 04 February 2015 - 07:39 AM in 3G Civic

Hi to y'all, I've recently purchased '87 civic hatch.

I'm not a complete noob in amateur racing and I even did some custom strut bars for eudm 5d '95 civic I took out for racing last season.

but this years regulation of a series I'm into prohibit any additional metal welded to chassis and as you know there is no way to install rear strut w/o one.

so I decided to redo factory welds, no hardcore like rollcage etc. currently I'm trying to understand on which ones to focus on. apart from obvious like near strut towers at both front and back what needs attention?

in for advises.