Seat Upholstry Options

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
i was wondering if anybody has done an apholstry job on the seats, and how hard it is to get the stock fabric off without tearing it, i need it to be in good enough shape so i dont have to make my own measurments for the new fabric..... i work in a paraloft so i have unlimited supply and a good machine to work with... also people post some pics if you have any of some of these seats that have been redone, im looking for ideas. im thinking of going with black outer with red stiching and red inner with black stitching... i know i definately want the outer to be black, but the red is negotiable... ive thought maybe grey since i am going to paint the car grey... well any input is appreciated

this topic is modified from its orriginal topic to include any and all seat options anyone wants to post up
grimms mom

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
Look for posts by WOLFCRX.

He does custom upholstery work, and you can see his work in his gallery.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i had to edit this, i was wrong.... thanks for the suggestion though
grimms mom

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have done exactly what you discribed but can't find a picture of it, I am an upholster and have done many crx seats in the 18 years and 7 crx's I've owned. They don't seem all that hard to me but this is what I do for a living so I don't think my openion counts on that subject.

I have updated the look of these seats by building out the bolster area and removing the cording and adding top seams.

Not a good pic but here is a shot of the seats in my blue crx, the marks in the seat are from a car seat.

Here is the set I put in the convertible, I did these about 10 years ago and have only used them for about 3 of those years.

Found one of the red but BAD quality picture, these are the non Si seats.

Edited by WOLFCRX, 14 March 2007 - 07:59 PM.

RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
thanks wolf, like i said i work in a paraloft, i'm pretty good with the machine.... so i know i can tackle it, it's good to see someone has done it though... what type fabric did you use? im thinking of useing black cordura for the outer, then probably tearing up a fleece blanket for the inner... im not quite sure though cuz fleece tends to beed, and i think it may also wear fast.... i want something really soft in the center, but i dont want long pile like shag or something, any suggestions?
grimms mom

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Mar 15 2007, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks wolf, like i said i work in a paraloft, i'm pretty good with the machine.... so i know i can tackle it, it's good to see someone has done it though... what type fabric did you use? im thinking of useing black cordura for the outer, then probably tearing up a fleece blanket for the inner... im not quite sure though cuz fleece tends to beed, and i think it may also wear fast.... i want something really soft in the center, but i dont want long pile like shag or something, any suggestions?

You might want to concider Microfibre with a reinforced foam back. THis will give you the plushness you seek with the durability and strength of your cord material.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
thanks bp, ill look into that
grimms mom

wyclefcupcake

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1985 honda crx si CONVERTIBLE by R. Stramman
    • Image Gallery
i had my seats re-upholstered with naughahyde
or however you spell it
nyagahyde

it cost me $500 for both of the seats
probably so cheap bcs the person that did it was a close family friend

can't you get racing seats from ebay for like $300ish?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/434210 - thats my ride, 1985 honda crx si convertible by R. Stramman.

Vicious

i wanted the 2g crx seats i have re done but was quoted $700 sad.gif i might as well just buy another set of seats for just buy one driver side seat since it's the only one really bad

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
it's gonna cost me pennies, im doing it myself.... i cant believe people charge that much for seats...... i could do noggy on mine for like $50..... i dont really want noggy though, im not into the leather/pleather look and feel, plus its hot as hell in the summer and im moving to jacksonville in sept.... vicious what do you want done to yours? i could probably make you new ones for a good price if you do some research on what fabric's you want, it'd take me a couple hours of my weekend. pm me if you're interested
grimms mom

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Mar 15 2007, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i could probably make you new ones for a good price if you do some research on what fabric's you want, it'd take me a couple hours of my weekend. pm me if you're interested

be careful what you ask for.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
was that directed at me or them? why be careful?
grimms mom

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
be carefull becuase id like a set black with white centers and crx in the center in black biggrin.gif wink.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i dont have an embroidery machine, but i would suggest just picking out your white center fabric, and have "crx" emroidered on it at a local embroidery shop...... then send the fabric or just have a crx emroidered patch made
grimms mom

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (icebox187 @ Mar 17 2007, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont have an embroidery machine, but i would suggest just picking out your white center fabric, and have "crx" emroidered on it at a local embroidery shop...... then send the fabric or just have a crx emroidered patch made

i was just bugging you tongue.gif i dont want those kinda seats i was hoping a pile of members would be yeah i want i want i want lol you know laugh.gif tongue.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..