How Much Does Devac Hurt Fuel Mileage?

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

klr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
I have a '85 Civic 4WD Wagon that I'm going to get back on the road after sitting a while. Thinking about devacing the carb to make it easier to work on, but I want the most fuel mileage I can get.

Anyone with experience and real mpg numbers?

Thanks.

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
not sure about the cars in the states as there is a million vac lines. but i did the devac on my cdn engine 3 vac lines. and i did find that my milage was better at long distance but abou tthe same or less on stop and go. i also have the 2 barrel carb and setup the secondarys to be on with the primary. i did a high way run gased up didi trip then gased up and got 52mpg. find me a new car these days that can do that and cost under 5grand.

klr

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (3gencivic @ Oct 7 2011, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure about the cars in the states as there is a million vac lines. but i did the devac on my cdn engine 3 vac lines. and i did find that my milage was better at long distance but abou tthe same or less on stop and go. i also have the 2 barrel carb and setup the secondarys to be on with the primary. i did a high way run gased up didi trip then gased up and got 52mpg. find me a new car these days that can do that and cost under 5grand.

Thanks for the info.

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I devaced my wagon to try to simplify the carb and make it run better but it still ran horribly after devacing. lol But my stock carb was old and upset.
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member