Stepson's Sentra

• You cannot reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

Yea, still not sure what's going on with it. His dad was over to discuss it with his mom - I stayed out of it (I was busy changing the oil in the Jeep and the Hyundai). Not sure of the outcome, but either way it still needs to be fixed. Other than this ongoing problem, I think it's still a decent car - not for me though.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

I guess he's getting a VW Golf and we are going to fix the Sentra as cheaply as possible and unload it. Not my decision or choice, but whatever.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

I just replaced the distributor and it made no difference. When you turn the key, nothing. No click, nothing. The radio and lights work and the battery shows 12.25 volts. What next, starter?

I gotta get this fixed and get it out of my driveway.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 12 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just replaced the distributor and it made no difference. When you turn the key, nothing. No click, nothing. The radio and lights work and the battery shows 12.25 volts. What next, starter?

I gotta get this fixed and get it out of my driveway.

.. If it is not the starter it has to be the ignition tumbler. My wifes 98 200SX (same car basically) had a problem where it would not click or anything but all power worked.. It started slowly fading from a weird pushing up while turning the key to start it, to REALLY pushing it up while turning to just a fail. The ignition tumbler was really cheap less than $100. Just a suggestion.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Mar 12 2009, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.. If it is not the starter it has to be the ignition tumbler. My wifes 98 200SX (same car basically) had a problem where it would not click or anything but all power worked.. It started slowly fading from a weird pushing up while turning the key to start it, to REALLY pushing it up while turning to just a fail. The ignition tumbler was really cheap less than $100. Just a suggestion.

In the steering column? Where the key goes? That tumbler?

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 12 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the steering column? Where the key goes? That tumbler?

Yup.. That one.. that damn thing cause me many a heartache lol..

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Mar 12 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup.. That one.. that damn thing cause me many a heartache lol..

Hard to replace? Need a new key?

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 12 2009, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hard to replace? Need a new key?

very simple to replace I don't recall needing a new key at all, but that was like 6 years ago when I changed it out and I kind of deleted that car out of my mechanical database.. It was a quick job though not hard at all..

Sgt. Pepper

Well, today I replaced the starter and charged the battery. Started right up. Changed the oil and filters and now she just needs to be cleaned and detailed and put on the market. biggrin.gif

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ May 6 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, today I replaced the starter and charged the battery. Started right up. Changed the oil and filters and now she just needs to be cleaned and detailed and put on the market. biggrin.gif

can you give me some specifics and a price? my friend is getting rid of his 2006 toyota tacoma to get out of the payments. i hooked him up with a killer deal on my old ranger a few weeks ago as a beater to get him to work and stuff but he is still looking for something fairly cheap and reliable as a main car for his wife and kids to get around in.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member