Very Tempting...

• You cannot reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

If my kid would make an effort to get his driver's license, this would be parked in our driveway soon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's like 35 miles from me. We should just get it and FORCE him to learn to drive.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Get it. Now.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
if you can afford it BUY IT NOW!!!!

and tell him he can have A car when he gets a job and pays for it.

Then you can lower that nice little crx, ditch that nasty sub box, give it a tune up, then uhm... enjoy it? blink.gif

biggrin.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Apr 3 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you can afford it BUY IT NOW!!!!

and tell him he can have A car when he gets a job and pays for it.
Then you can lower that nice little crx, ditch that nasty sub box, give it a tune up, then uhm... enjoy it? blink.gif
biggrin.gif

He's 19 and out of school - he works full time. He's a good kid, doesn't get in trouble and helps around the house. He's got the cash, but can't pass the driver's test. He always had trouble in school - special classes and all. He had epilepsy since he was 1 yr old, but hasn't had an episode since he was 11. All that seizure medication kinda messed him up. I am just wondering if he should get it and HOPE he eventually passes the test (and learns to drive a 5spd) or wait. I really don't need another car parked in front of my house. I really can't afford to get it for myself.

Hmmm.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

drag13honda

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 89 Acura Integra RS
i would wait man. i wouldnt want to rush him. plus let him pick out something he would like, after all it would be his car.

Sgt. Pepper

Not trying to rush him, but these things don't come around that often in these parts (in that kinda shape) for that price. He does like the 3g, we looked at one last year that was more $$ and not NEARLY as nice. Once he gets his permit he could (cringe) learn on his own car (he ain't driving the rex).

I think I secretly want it ph34r.gif

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Apr 4 2007, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I secretly want it ph34r.gif

huh.gif HELL, 'I' want it!
(JK)

That thing's in terrific shape blink.gif , not to mention the extras that have been added to it (ditch the boom box of course).

Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

C8V6C

Looks good... wink.gif

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
It has several nice mods, but I would NEVER buy a 1G or 3G in PA without doing a thorough rust inspection. I drove a few hundred miles to look at a 1G listed on ebay, only to find that the underside was rusted through, contrary to what the seller told me. dry.gif

I hate rust.

DSMTimeline.jpg

lil buddy

• obsessive compulsive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic si Resto Rod,85 civic DX,84 CRX 1500 DX, 79 XL 75,69 Z50 mini trail, 03 Pilot and my 2013 ride on
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Apr 5 2007, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has several nice mods, but I would NEVER buy a 1G or 3G in PA without doing a thorough rust inspection. I drove a few hundred miles to look at a 1G listed on ebay, only to find that the underside was rusted through, contrary to what the seller told me. dry.gif

I hate rust.

or anywhere in the snow belt region. looks good on the outside. could be rough inside...i know what that feels like sad.gif
def check her out underneath real good.

Sgt. Pepper

I think I'll sit down with 'lil Jeff and see if he is interested in it. If he is serious about it, maybe we will go up and look at it on Saturday. We'll see.

...wait, nevermind. He just got a call for an interview at Cycle Gear here in town on Saturday. He is uber excited, he really wants to work there. He filled out 2 applications on line and called the manager about a position. He LOVES motorcycles (remember the Yamaha Zuma?) and I think he would really like working there. I hope he can pull off the interview - he's reliable, trustworthy, hardworking and would do a good job if hired.

Wish him luck!

fritt

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 02 rsx type S . 91 civic
if he gets the job he can buy the civic and make it nicer than your crx sgt.pepper tongue.gif jk lol...no civic could be nicer than a crx laugh.gif imo

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (fritt @ Apr 6 2007, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if he gets the job he can buy the civic and make it nicer than your crx sgt.pepper tongue.gif jk lol...no civic could be nicer than a crx laugh.gif imo

It's already nicer than my rex...................................for now. ph34r.gif

drag13honda

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 89 Acura Integra RS
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Apr 5 2007, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I'll sit down with 'lil Jeff and see if he is interested in it. If he is serious about it, maybe we will go up and look at it on Saturday. We'll see.
...wait, nevermind. He just got a call for an interview at Cycle Gear here in town on Saturday. He is uber excited, he really wants to work there. He filled out 2 applications on line and called the manager about a position. He LOVES motorcycles (remember the Yamaha Zuma?) and I think he would really like working there. I hope he can pull off the interview - he's reliable, trustworthy, hardworking and would do a good job if hired.

Wish him luck!

hey man, thats great. i dont know him but hope the best for him, tell him i said good luck wink.gif

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (drag13honda @ Apr 6 2007, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey man, thats great. i dont know him but hope the best for him, tell him i said good luck wink.gif

^ That's him graduating last year and a horrible picture of me dry.gif